I guess we're all special.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fifty schmifty - easy peasy!!

40 was waaaaay harder for me, something to do with having a younger hubby I guess
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
      ...but I bet the average doctor doesnt think of him/herself as a special person.
      Really? I bet you're wrong. But if you can't see that what you do is special then it's your problem.
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Any doctors of medicine in the house care to settle the debate?

Do you think yourself special?
        Bob Leponge
        Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

But it's the things that come easy to you that you quickly become expert in, and sometimes that thing is not easy to others - so no wonder you don't realise it....I don't think many people do - it's just the way they roll.

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge
            Do you think yourself special?
            Of course.
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

it just shows how we all by going about our business, living our life, that we are a role model of some sort to someone, mostly without ever knowing anything about it.

Thanks Bob

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

A friend of mine told me she thought I was terrific on Wednesday, to my embarrasment she listed why as well. This lady is smart, beautiful, creative and kind. It is lovely to be appreciated by her.
                Sometimes if I do not value myself it helps to be valued by others, especially others I love and admire. Perhaps when I am feeling down about myself I should look at the incredible women I am lucky to have as friends and realise that if they like me I can't be that bad.

Would just like to second the sentiment that Bob is indeed a top bananna too
                WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I love those peak moments (As Maslov would say!).

I often get accused of being arrogant, and frankly it's true. I do speak of myself in high regard and I'm not afraid to say what I'm good at, which IS arrogance. Frankly I think I'm brilliant! However; I NEVER think of myself as better or worse than anyone else, I just think everyone's equally brilliant! And there's never a day goes by that someone doesn't prove me right, especially hanging out on the Grapevine.

Ollie's rule No.1 in life: Everybody's equal.
                  Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                  Snadger - Director of Poetry
                  RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                  Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                  Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                  piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
                    ... and I'm not afraid to say what I'm good at, which IS arrogance.
                    Is not

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
                    Frankly I think I'm brilliant!
                    That is

aka
                    Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                      That why people become our friends. They see something in us we often don't see in ourselves (and they see and forgive the things we do see and wish we didn't have!)
                      How amazingly put - which is why, Flum, you are a Guru to us! Was never more astonished than when someone told me he saw me as someone soft on the outside but with a rod of iron inside! Always think of myself as wet right through!

My 2 x SIL met in the services somewhere 'warm', they formed an astonishingly close friendship (my daughters accept it is a Bromance). Friendships formed under stress have to be genuine, when a link's been created to a person under those circumstances you are befriending the 'real' person, not the public persona. So BLP I accept your friend's judgement as back up to what I've already deduced - good bloke.
                      Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                      So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                        Is not

That is

Lol, I think you're brilliant too though pisk'
                        Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                        Snadger - Director of Poetry
                        RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                        Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                        Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                        piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

My beloved daughter-in-law is fourteen years older than my son and feels this keenly, often saying that she feels this makes her less worthy.
                          My son loves her and we thank God for her every day and tell her so.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X