loose change !

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taff View Post
    When you've seen the incomprehension on some peoples faces when they're trying to work out ... your change
    I know

I really, really hate those loose change machines they've put in supermarkets: they take a percentage of the money you put in. Mind you, if people are so daft to use them, perhaps they should be taxed on it.

I'm currently feeding Mr TS's latest crop of change into Morrison's self-service checkouts: yes, it's me holding up the queue
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

My OH doesn't do change either and leaves it lying around. Our 2 little girls, on the other hand, love it because I gather it all up and divvy it between them for their respective money jars .

Of course OH then wonders where all his money has gone .

Reet
      x

Comment

We put all our change in a Pringles tube with a slot cut in the lid and the lid taped up. When full we have about £150 which goes into a savings account---our money to fall back on!

Comment

I always try and save the loose change from my purse every night, and every £2 coin I get. Ive been saving for the last 3years, but have finally spent it all! It was Mr DDLs 50th birthday last weekend, so I bought him a lovely watch and a small camcorder - then he came home on sunday and said his golf trolley had broken! All my pennies gone in one go! Shall now have to start saving again.
          Seriously though, do give it a try - altogether Ive saved £600 and managed to get Mr DDL some super birthday pressies I would never have been able to afford otherwise!
          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by taff View Post
            I use an old kilner jar
            So do I!
            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
              altogether Ive saved £600... I would never have been able to afford otherwise!
              I guess it depends on your mindset.
              I have a standing order to save £20 every month into a high (pah!) interest savings account.
              Other people save loose change, it's horses for courses.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

OH worked up Alton Towers for a few years. We have a couple of Wizz Oxi tubs full of small denomination coins he picked up whilst walking round the park. It seemed they weren't worth bending their back to pick them up for the people who had dropped them.

The most he got was a £5 note.

I wonder if in such straightened times people are so careless.

I must get round to counting up just how much there is in the tubs to give some idea of how much of a throwaway society we were.

valmarg
                Last edited by valmarg; 18-07-2010, 05:23 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

I don't like carrying shrapnel, so 5s, 2s and 1s go into a jar and I empty it when it gets full.
                  pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                    I guess it depends on your mindset.
                    I have a standing order to save £20 every month into a high (pah!) interest savings account.
                    Other people save loose change, it's horses for courses.
                    um....I do that too...

Comment

So it's just me that doesn't have any problems with small change, it works just the same as bigger money so I just use it when I buy stuff, using it up before I break into the next note if possible. Always do the give the 11p or whatever as well so it's round numbers change and usually get thanked for it. Work with a guy who always moans when he even gets pound coins rather than notes and always want to yell at him that it's still money

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

lol!!
                        I collect lottery money in work and from one bloke, he's never got anything smaller than a £10 note...he says he hates loose change and little notes...Oh to be that lucky

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X