X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
    I'm a Manager in the NHS.
    me too i'll get me coat
    The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

I'm a freelance Visual Merchandiser I work with loads of different companies from Britvic to L'Oreal to Vodafone, making sure displays are correct.
      I love it, as no two days are the same and I can plan my work around me.

I originally qualified as a Beauty Therapist and Make up artist.
      I now have mud in my nails and cant remember the last time I wore anything more than a quick brush of mascara.
      You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

Three in a Boat Bagpuss and Hans Mum? Well, I'm game if there's a garden at the end of it.
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Ft mum, same as janeo! All that that involves, cooking, maths, reading, spelling, developing big calfs on route to school due to not driving!! OH is a teacher. Before kids where here I worked mainly in the social care field, supporting people with learning and/or physical disabilty, young people witha variety of needs on a housing project. I have always worked in independant living really. My last job was as a senior, but I became mainly deskbound and a number cruncher!!

About to start thinking of returning to work, but have to find something that fits in with school hours, not easy! Plus Ive not worked for 8 years, plus I dont really want to return to the same thing...........
          http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

Machine tool service engineer, my full job title Basically I fix a variety of factory machines from manual lathes and milling machines to CNC machining centres.

The good thing is I get to travel all over Scotland doing this whch means no day is the same. The downside is I don't spend as much time in the garden as I like.

Looking to retrain for a new career soon though
            What would Delia do?

Comment

I am a full time mum to four kids I used to be something quite big and clever in professional terms but I wouldn't dream of going back now
              I was feeling part of the scenery
              I walked right out of the machinery
              My heart going boom boom boom
              "Hey" he said "Grab your things
              I've come to take you home."

Comment

Organic gardener, started nearly two years ago after redundancy - wish I had done it long ago. Fully booked this year from Feb to December! Three large gardens, one day a week each, the rest is day or half day slots (I don't do hours)

Also started shrub and plant propagation this year.
                http://www.robingardens.com

Seek not to know all the answers, just to understand the questions.

Comment

Clinical support for an Adult Bladder and Bowel service. Wont go in to details but I love my job. We are community based and love the hands on help we can give.

We 're a right mixed bunch aren't we?!
                  Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

I work in Local Government as a Programme / Project Manager for one of the London Boroughs.
                    pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am a highly skilled maintenance electrician working in a granite quarry producing 4.5 million tonnes of stone in varying sizes and mixes as well as 600k tonnes of blacktop per annum. As well as getting to wear orange hi viz overalls and a natty hard hat, its an enjoyable and varied job.

Comment

I work in a mental health team supporting families and friends (unpaid carers) of people that are suffering severe and enduring mental health problems. I have just qualified as a social worker (waiting for my grades) and have verbally been offered a new job working with unaccompanied asylum seeking children, which I would love. (*Keeps fingers crossed that verbal offer is not retracted for any reason*)

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
                          Can you tell I'm bored this morning?

So.. what do you do for a living?
                          Professional whinger and a black belt in grumpiness...........................On a good day I am a "Landscape Design Architect" (according to the wee bit of paper!), this means I do gardens for old people and I am a minister and we grow veg that is sold in a local shoppe.

Comment

I am an early years teacher with most of my professional life spent in early years settings. I enjoy this phase as it involves working very closely with families and extended services, it is challenging and very rewarding too.
                            When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

I am currently a Marketing Monkey for a construction products manufacturer - though that may change in the next couple of weeks. 5th Round of redundancies and they are 'restructuring' the business.

I wouldn't mind, but I mentioned to the MD about 5-6 years ago about us restructuring and concentrating on more profitable product groups...

We've gone from 97 staff to what will be under 20 by the end of the month.

Can't help but think I'm in the wrong job though.

Job satisfaction - fairly low
                              Confidence - very low
                              Belief in what I'm doing - down there.
                              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I'm going to change too HW.. just the timing is bad for me - my wife is currently on unpaid maternity leave, and will be going back to her project in August until it's disbanded (funding runs out) ~March next year. She's starting up her own business then, so I'll have to wait until that's established before I either do the same, or find another place.

Currently secure (despite being in the public sector), so I don't want to chance anything.. esp with a new house, new (ish) baby, yada yada. But yeah, I don't like it here. Better than my old job mind.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X