Facebook grrrr

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook grrrr

I have tried my best to be 'with it' ie Facebook but it drives me mad. I sometimes open it and find I have a friend invitation. I am not always sure who these peeps are so do I or don't I? If I have in the past rejected genuine proposals my apologies. I am beginning to realise I am so much out of my depth........

Hi Brengirl, my kids got me into Facebook a while ago but I didn't use it much. Do more now, but am still very careful who I accept as friends (it's mostly family). I play online scrabble which I enjoy (sad, aren't I?). If you get a friend request click on the name and it will show you their profile so should let you know who they are. Either than or send them a message asking how they know you.

Comment

I use facebook myself....but I am very wary of it. It has broken up quite a few marriages and I imagine people have lost quite a few jobs through it..........
      Its mainly the bladdy textspeak that annoys me though.................
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

A tool for people to let everyone know what they are up to, friends, old friends, people you used to be friends with and have since fallen out with, and well enough said.. I'm on facebook but i use it rarley to be honest. suchandsuch said this etc you get the picture..

Binley really does Know best!
        G4-Meteorological mastermind! Stone/String it's all covered!
        Jeanied- Makes your day complete!!
        PB- Masteress of Pumpkins!

I Don't Know who Dave is...But he's one cool Dude!
        I Once was a Tuber but with a little practice!!

Comment

To be honest I feel it is like a humendous brick wall ( or even a wc wall) where people can scrawl what they like. Comunicating graffitti if you like. Mind you, I only say this cos I am not one of the 'in crowd'.

Comment

I have to admit to being quite resistant to it, yes I am on facebook, but I use it occasionally, I have minimal information on it. my OH was an addict but she got bored quite quickly.
            Thought For The Day
            If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
            Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Comment

Prefer Twitter meself.
              To see a world in a grain of sand
              And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                Prefer Twitter meself.
                same here ...........
                aka
                Suzie

Comment

I was on FB at the beginning, but as my sons and daughter (and some of my grandchildren) are on it, I withdrew. I was niggled by the fact that they all shared information with everyone on it, but the only way I found out what was going on in their lives was if I "logged on". Old fashioned, I know, but I also disliked a little bit of innuendo that was happening between my son and his brother's MIL!!!!
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

That's a bit how I feel. My grandkids thought it real cool that their Nan was on it but I began to feel that I was an intruder. Some of the things they purported to have 'got up to' I had to refrain from making comment, if you know what I mean. This is today's world and they will make mistakes and rue it. Same as I did. Ad infinitum......

Comment

We're on the same wavelength Brengirl. I was miffed that my sons shared information with others but not with me and when I stopped using it, that my daughter and other people, some of them staff where I work, would tell me things that were happening in their lives! Now my granddaughter thinks it would be "cool" if I was on FB so I tactfully gave her an explanation to say that I would feel like I was interfering, but she doesn't get it. Totally innocent you see at 13. It's much nicer on here anyway!
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                        It has broken up quite a few marriages ..
                        Really? Or the fact that people were talking about what people got up to ...?

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
                        To be honest I feel it is like a ... wall ....where people can scrawl what they like.
                        The 'wall' is exactly that: a public wall. If you want a communication to be private, then "send a message" (which is private)
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

If you are wary of sharing information when using Facebook, then check your privacy settings. You can restrict to "friends" only, which is what I do.

Comment

I must be really backward because I can't see the point of FB or twittering, nor can I understand where people have the time to do all that. It's all I can cope with to see to e-mails and come here briefly to see what's up! I'd rather be doing something else.

Comment

Same here PN, but I guess there are plenty of people who find it a valuable lifeline. Especially those that can't get out, or are very shy. I do feel there are a lot of folk on there who are so self-centred that they think their little lives are sooo exciting that we all want to know what they get up to. They're not. We don't. Well, I don't, anyway.

I joined on 'Olivier' night (remember that Grapes? ) and, although I only 'visit' once or twice a month, I am now in touch with friends that moved abroad fifteen years ago, and others that I had lost touch with too. It's a useful site for that kind of thing.
                              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X