No announcement yet.

In what ways do YOU save water ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm suprised none of you blokes have ventured to say that you take your whisky neat!
    ..maybe you're all too polite??
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I use wet wipes on a daily basis for spit cleaning. Bath once a week and was wondering if you can divert the water from the bath down pipe.
      Last edited by Brengirl; 25-06-2010, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Bren- that's exactly what we'll be looking into when we replace our bathroom suite!!!

Comment

We shower together!!! Fnar fnar fnar!

Zebedee
          "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
            I use wet wipes
            Oh, horrible things that don't decompose (most are plastic). They also end up on our beaches if they get flushed down the loo (so do panty liners and cotton buds).

Bren, I thought you'd be a hot flannel sorta girl
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Save water drink beer!
              The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
              Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                Oh, horrible things that don't decompose (most are plastic). They also end up on our beaches if they get flushed down the loo (so do panty liners and cotton buds).

Bren, I thought you'd be a hot flannel sorta girl
                No way. For starters you never know where they have been

Comment

I have a drinks bottle in the toilet cistern, which makes it use less water to fill up after flushing.
                  No-one in this house takes a bath, ever...... we do shower though the girls often, me about twice a week, more if I am doing some dirty job, or get back from the lottie sweaty and dusty.
                  Use wipes on face ( I didn't know they don't decompose TS)
                  Have a barrel to collect rainwater on the lottie, but its a stand alone affair as I have no roof to collect it from and syphon down into.
                  Would like to have a barrel at home too, but the downpipe is at the front of the house and there is no suitable place to fit a barrel there, it is also an old metal pipe, not plastic so it would be difficult for me to put a fitting onto. The downpipe at the back of the house is in nextdoor's property.
                  If I can get hold of another free barrel I will put that in back as stand alone like on the lottie.
                  Washing machine is not switched on until it is full.
                  Dishes are washed by hand in the sink, no dishwasher and nowhere to put one.
                  Kettle has only enough water for the cups being made.
                  I use a steamer so one pan instead of 3. Spuds usually in bottom with the water and veg, chicken, fish,etc in the 2 upper sections. Gravy made with the water the spuds cooked in if we are having gravy.
                  Dont leave tap running while brushing teeth either.
                  Last edited by weekendwellies; 25-06-2010, 08:38 AM.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                    You can pick up the blue food grade barrells for about £6 - £10. Use old dustbins if you can get any, it does not have to be a shop bought butt.
                    Thanks, will look into it.

Do they have lids (or just holes into the top)? Got to bear in mind the amazing climbing exploring toddler a wee bit!

Comment

Keep a little space in your fridge for a couple of bottles of chilled water rather than let the tap run from lukewarm to cold.

Plus many of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by quark1 View Post
                        Keep a little space in your fridge for a couple of bottles of chilled water rather than let the tap run from lukewarm to cold.

Plus many of the above.
                        Now that's a good one - hadn't thought of that!
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

My children dont wash!!!!
                          http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by quark1 View Post

Plus many of the above.
                            FANTASTIC idea..will certainly be doing that from now on! cheers!!

Comment

I let my OH Shower first in the morning and by the time shes finished there's no hot water left so mine is about 5 seconds long..... well i save water any way
                              Last edited by DarkCrow; 25-06-2010, 09:15 PM.

Binley really does Know best!
                              G4-Meteorological mastermind! Stone/String it's all covered!
                              Jeanied- Makes your day complete!!
                              PB- Masteress of Pumpkins!

I Don't Know who Dave is...But he's one cool Dude!
                              I Once was a Tuber but with a little practice!!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCrow View Post
                                there's no hot water left so mine is about 5 seconds long.....

Silly man...have you leaned NOTHING from the previous posts????

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X