Drink Drive limit

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
    The alternative is, move to somewhere with a pub in walking distance. We did. Works a treat.
    Hehe.. my mrs wanted the house we recently bought - it's over the road from a very good school. It's also pretty much opposite a pub.

Yes dear, moving next to the school is a great idea.

Comment

So when does the ban on new parents driving come into force?
      Or people with hayfever? Or a cold? Or a sty?

Comment

Or people smoking!!!!!

Comment

So when does the ban on new parents driving come into force?
          Mind you, I confess to driving very carefully and slowly home after Seren was born I had my dad shadow behind me too, to keep other morons away from us!

I did take back roads that I know are quiet though. I think I had like 20MPG that trip, highest ever heh

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
            Mind you, I confess to driving very carefully and slowly home after Seren was born I had my dad shadow behind me too, to keep other morons away from us!

I did take back roads that I know are quiet though. I think I had like 20MPG that trip, highest ever heh
            Ah yes, but what about the months of sleep deprived nights that followed?
            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post

20MPG? Croist! What do you drive - a Sherman?

I drove LadyWayne and Bean home in the heavy snow we had the beginning of last year. Twitchy much?
              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Are we all, in the future, going to rely on the nanny state to keep us safe? Are the days long gone when our conscience determines what is right and safe to do. In my world if my actions may harm others I don't do it. I do not need the threat of punishment to teach me otherwise.

Comment

Zero Tollerance

This was written by a rig worker in the North Sea - What he says makes a lot of sense!)

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay cheque, I work on a rig for a drilling contractor. I am required to pass a random urine test for drugs and alcohol, with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get benefits because I have to pass one to earn it for them?
                  Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their arse drinking beer and smoking dope, and doing nothing. Could you imagine how much money the government would save if people had to pass a urine test to get their benefit cheque?
                  Digger-07

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right" Henry Ford.

Comment

didnt really agree with your post last night brengirl, but as you say, you no longer drive, having made a choice not to. i fully agree with what you are saying in last post, but not every one has the willpower, and thats what causes the problems. my solution, if a person is guilty of drink driving, then they should have to pay the mop up costs, in all of its aspects; thereby helping to finance the nhs and emergency services. and they should pay even if it bankrupts them. because no one gets behind the wheel after drinking, without being aware that they are taking a risk, and so they should be prepared to pay for the consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by Digger-07 View Post
                      This was written by a rig worker in the North Sea - What he says makes a lot of sense!)
                      Oh he so does, indeed he does!
                      aka
                      Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by lindyloo View Post
                        ..... if a person is guilty of drink driving, then they should have to pay the mop up costs, in all of its aspects; ...
                        good plan - it has legs!
                        aka
                        Suzie

Comment

as I was the only driver in the family for a great long time, I decided early on to not be a big drinker. Even now I have only about 6 units per year (no, really).
                          I personally think it should be zero limit, but there are people who can 'take' their drink and are as capable after a pint or two, as they are without any drink.
                          There have also been times when I have been full of cold and it would be dangerous for me to drive with or without having take meds. No win situation.
                          Also when my big 'uns were little 'uns, I was permanently in a zombie state and would not be safe to drive a golf cart let alone a car.

So if your judgment and reaction time is impaired in any way through alcohol, drugs, illness, meds, or tiredness you should be a grown up and leave the car at home.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Ah yes, but what about the months of sleep deprived nights that followed?
                            True, yes - when I went back to work I caught the bus mind! It's not been as bad recently as we've a spare room in our new place..

20MPG? Croist! What do you drive - a Sherman?

I drove LadyWayne and Bean home in the heavy snow we had the beginning of last year. Twitchy much?
                            Heh, a toy I bought before I planned on kids (mind you, that happened so fast I can't really say that was planned!) Once she's fixed up, I think it's time I let go and got a more sensible car. (boo).

I'd have stayed in the hospital rather than drive in snow! When we had the big bout of snow, I had to leave my car up a mountain. RWD + Snow = me sliding down a mountain, almost came off the road, so decided to abandon it + pray no one bumped into me. Sideways down a mountain - no prob, been there done that. New pants? Yes, several pairs. Tears? Close, yeah! hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Digger-07 View Post
                              What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get benefits because I have to pass one to earn it for them?
                              Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their arse drinking beer and smoking dope, and doing nothing. Could you imagine how much money the government would save if people had to pass a urine test to get their benefit cheque?
                              So people on benefits, quite possibly through no fault of their own (say... redundancy, ill health, desertion by a partner etc) should never be allowed to have a tipple?

What utterly presumptious, unpleasant codswallop
                              Last edited by Seahorse; 17-06-2010, 07:19 PM.
                              I was feeling part of the scenery
                              I walked right out of the machinery
                              My heart going boom boom boom
                              "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                              I've come to take you home."

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                                So people on benefits, quite possibly through no fault of their own (say... redundancy, ill health, desertion by a partner etc) should never be allowed to have a tipple?

What utterly presumptious, unpleasant codswallop
                                ......and from what I can make out bears absolutely no significance to Drink Driving
                                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X