No announcement yet.

Anyone know of a cure for eczema

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm almost certain I read something about eczema in an article about herbal remedies a while back. Red clover springs to mind but leave it with me. If I can find the magazine (I've got it here somewhere) I'll have another look and get back to you. The remedy I used (same article, same herbalist's recipe) made with plantain and other things worked a treat for what that's worth... that wasn't for eczema though.
    Last edited by BigShot; 09-06-2010, 12:11 AM.

Comment

I get eczema on my hands (mainly between my fingers and across the back of my knuckles) during the winter season. I found keeping my hands as dry as possible (ie. using washing up gloves) and drying them very carefully after washing them (not leaving the air to finish the job) really helps. The other thing I did was apply Burts Bees Hand Salve at least twice a day, after a morning shower and before going to bed. Then as needed during the day if my hands felt dry. It's greasy stuff, but worked wonders. As long as I kept up the routine, my hands stayed pretty clear.

Comment

hello my 3 year old has eczema she is lactose intolerant took two years of visiting a dietitian to find out what caused it we use soya mlik for her, she can not have any dairy products.

Comment

We have to use double-base cream on our daughter... don't really like using it as it's derived from petrol, but it really does work wonders.

Comment

Very often eczema is related to Dairy intake. Same with my boy.
            http://onegardenersadventures.blogspot.com/ updated 10-03-2010 with homebrew pics & allotment pics

Comment

If it's only on your hands then I'd say you need to look into what you're touching to set it off .
              (may well be the dairy of course which is sensitising you in the first place)

Do you own a dishwasher? my hand excema reduced dramatically when I got mine.
              The other things are soap products- washing powder and conditioner - you may not hand wash but I bet you don't wear gloves when ironing,,and there will be traces left on the clean clothes.!
              Shampoo and washing up liquids are more obvious- eco-friendly ones are the type to go for. I found Ecover the best for me.

The powder in some rubber gloves can be an irritant- ad some moisturising creams contain lanolin- which may be contaminated with sheep dip!!!

...there ya go- a few other things to think about!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

can i also mention washing powder. We have to buy non-biological ones (at the moment it's fairy for babies). The enzymes in the washing powder can cause an allergic reaction.

Comment

Hi all
                  I have been using goats milk for 3 days now. I will still have some cows milk in my diet as I am still eating bread and butter. Im sure it will be hidden in many products.
                  However -- Touch wood -- my hands have stopped iching and are showing visible signs of healing.

Comment

Did you know you can get goats milk butter and yogourt - and sheeps milk ?
                    It's not as goaty as you'd expect- sometime margerine isn't quite 'there' is it?

(We too use non-bio powder- but in my case it's Persil.)

Glad you're starting to notice a difference!
                    Do you eat much chocolate????
                    Last edited by Nicos; 11-06-2010, 04:17 PM.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by mrscorpio View Post
                      Hi all
                      I have been using goats milk for 3 days now. I will still have some cows milk in my diet as I am still eating bread and butter. Im sure it will be hidden in many products.
                      However -- Touch wood -- my hands have stopped iching and are showing visible signs of healing.
                      you can buy pure spread, that's non dairy. Also the Olivio/Bertolli stuff. Just reading labels , it becomes a bit rubbish when you start having a restricted diet.

Comment

The eczema on my right hand & lip has been very red & sore this winter, so I sought another cream to try (E45 makes it worse, and Lotil was OK but not great).

My Boots had a lanolin/alcohol/petrochemical free cream at £9 which I thought was dear but worth a try.
                        For the first few days it stung when I applied it, but just now I realised I've not had to use it since the weekend - the redness has gone and the skin is soft again, not at all itchy.

I can highly recommend it - Salcura
                        Last edited by Two_Sheds; 11-01-2011, 08:48 AM.
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X