No announcement yet.

ipad...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats the problem with Apple they are very expensive things to buy, when I was doing Media at College we had to use Mac's they are the most stupid things on the planet well thats my opinion.

Comment

Just something else to note... my Power Mac, that is still used for high end video editing is 10 years old. It was made in 2000 and still runs like new. Most PC's that are 10 years old are in Africa being dismantled for scrap!
      All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
      For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

That's no surprise Matthew. Mac have always been noted for their performance where video and image editing are concerned.

Now answer these:
        How much would it cost you to replace if it broke down?
        How much would it cost to repair if a part failed?
        Can you upgrade and by parts for it and fit them yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Guttata View Post
          That's no surprise Matthew. Mac have always been noted for their performance where video and image editing are concerned.

Now answer these:
          How much would it cost you to replace if it broke down?
          How much would it cost to repair if a part failed?
          Can you upgrade and by parts for it and fit them yourself?
          When I bought my Mac Pro, it was around the £3000 mark, I expect this to go for at least 10 years as my Power Mac has done. iMac was £1000 and again, I expect this to go for 10 years at least on a domestic level.

Parts, as with any big brand item are easy to come by and if you know where to get them from, they can be had quite cheaply. Fitting is often easier than PC systems as the hardware is compatible straight away. Apple make the software and hardware.

The iPhone and iPad are what I class as gadgets, they've probably been programmed to stop working after a few years

The PC vs Mac debate will always be around

Comment

Originally posted by matthew2riches View Post
            When I bought my Mac Pro, it was around the £3000 mark, I expect this to go for at least 10 years as my Power Mac has done. iMac was £1000 and again, I expect this to go for 10 years at least on a domestic level.

Parts, as with any big brand item are easy to come by and if you know where to get them from, they can be had quite cheaply. Fitting is often easier than PC systems as the hardware is compatible straight away. Apple make the software and hardware.

The iPhone and iPad are what I class as gadgets, they've probably been programmed to stop working after a few years

Spent this year :- £44.23 on the lottie, £ 4,440.23 on apples.........
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
              Spent this year :- £44.23 on the lottie, £ 4,440.23 on apples.........
              Don't get me started on the Apple xServe servers and SAS devices I've bought this year then

Like I say... (mostly) all for work

Comment

Originally posted by matthew2riches View Post

Then it has changed. A few years back the gadget show on five threw a PC and a Mac off a balcony. The Mac had to go off to the repairers as domestic owners couldn't get replacement parts and cost over £400 to deal with, not including transport, the PC needed it's mother board replacing cost £50.

Can't see that happening on the iPhone after the iPod and the battery mess when they first made an appearance I would think they would not risk it. They took a bit of a beating over it.

My PC built 4 years ago £300. A friend of mine has had his PC for 10 years cost £250 to build. It runs XP fine he has no need for 7, to bring it up to date would cost £160 for mobo, mem, and processor.

They both have their uses. As I said for productivity in graphics, images and video it's Macs hands down, PCs can't hold a candle to them. For basic every day things of an average user a PC is best and a hell of a lot cheaper, also for gaming PCs win compared to Macs. In gaming I think it is more that the companies code for windows more than Mac, but Mac only has about 15mil users compared to PCs 345mil so it is understandable.

Which one is best? The answer is very simple: The one that does the job you need it to do. That's it there is no debate really.

Which one looks best? There is only one answer: Mac. PCs just can't hold a candle to the designs of Macs. PC=clunking box in room, Mac=thing of beauty in the room. I don't own a Mac, I like my gaming too much to give up my PC so I am speaking s a PC owner.

Add to that I don't think my cats would forgive me if I changed to a Mac, there's nowhere for them to sleep on it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X