National Vegetarian Week

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy tigers.

I personally don't believe in NVW; I've not eaten meat or fish for 26 years [this October] but always find myself faced with meat and fish when at buffets as all the meat eaters go straight for the veggie options leaving us veggies with now't.

Comment

I never knew such an event took place.

I won't count though as I'm one of those pesky pescetarian folk

Interested in Cook Vegetarian magazine though, will have to have a peek.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
        Easy tigers.

I personally don't believe in NVW; I've not eaten meat or fish for 26 years [this October] but always find myself faced with meat and fish when at buffets as all the meat eaters go straight for the veggie options leaving us veggies with now't.

Mmm, have we made veggie food too good? Should we tone it down a bit, so that the meaties and peskies dont like it anymore?!!

Comment

Originally posted by Helgalush View Post
          Mmm, have we made veggie food too good? Should we tone it down a bit, so that the meaties and peskies dont like it anymore?!!
          Why can't the peskies eat veggie fare? If the buffet table has meat and veggie options only then veggie is all we can eat ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by Pidge View Post
            Why can't the peskies eat veggie fare? If the buffet table has meat and veggie options only then veggie is all we can eat ;o)
            Oh, there's always tuna...

[left over after all the veggie stuff has long gone]

Comment

Oh, there's always tuna...

[left over after all the veggie stuff has long gone]
              LOL. True, although I don't eat fish unless I know where it's come from, especially tuna.

We used to have a shared dinner at the guest house I stayed at in Vietnam. They used to do 6 meat dishes to every one veggie and the meat eaters would always say ''mmmm, that looks so good'' and help themselves. Used to drive me bonkers. You wanna eat meat, eat the meat! ;o)

Comment

I went to a friends wedding last year and the biggest majority of her family are vegetarian/vegan, the selection of food was yummy...even a meat eater's like myself and OH found more than enough food to stuff our face's with.

Comment

Easy tigers.

yes yes yes! That always happens to me too. So annoying as all the meat eaters always say ooh I will just try one of those.. and then they are all gone!
                  I gave up meat 22 years ago... I am just cooking up some roasted vegetable couscous for my bbq tomorrow. There will be meat for the meat eaters but bet my couscous gets wolfed down too - as I should hope it would as it's bladdy tasty

Comment

I think veggies should graciously accept that they are in the lead in showing the rest a more sustainable way of eating well! And do this by sharing lovely yummy things to eat.
                    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                      I think veggies should graciously accept that they are in the lead in showing the rest a more sustainable way of eating well! And do this by sharing lovely yummy things to eat.
                      Hehe, I like this attitude ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by Pidge View Post

Interested in Cook Vegetarian magazine though, will have to have a peek.
                        Pidge, I would recommend Cook Vegetarian magazine. I normally try at least three of the receipes every month. At Christmas I made their Veggie Xmas Pud and it went down a storm, in fact I have to make three this year to give away to folks!!

Comment

I have been veggie now for nearly 30 years and over this time it has become so much more acceptable to be veggie which is fab and easier too. However i am somewhat perplexed by the notion that someone who eats fish is veggie.
                          A vegetarian does not eat any meat of any kind so if someone does say 'I am a vegetarian but i still eat fish', they are not veggie they are someone who eats fish, loves veg but chooses not to eat any other meat but defo not veggie.
                          Veggie society is very clear on this too and actually ran a campaign a couple of years ago. I am really glad though that people are trying veggie things and even my hubbie who eats anything that had a pulse is beginning to like more veg which is fab.
                          When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by shoreham_steve View Post
                            We don't eat anything that had parents.
                            I haven't heard that one before ....but carrots have parents too

Originally posted by Madasafish View Post
                            [I] Man's brain developed from eating meat... :-)
                            Actually, it was fire (and therefore cooked food) that helped primitive man to absorb more calories from his food wasn't it? Very early 'man' was a roaming herbivore but as his brain developed he was able to eat a wider range of foods, including meat, fish and cooked cereals. This article is fascinating : Human Evolution

And this one just made me laugh. Here's an extract you might enjoy: "It is obvious that we need to be eating more, not less, meat and animal-sourced foods.

If vegetarians — and vegans in particular — berate you for 'murdering' and eating animals, please be kind to them. They are almost certainly suffering from self-inflicted brain atrophy."
                            Last edited by Two_Sheds; 31-05-2010, 08:54 AM.
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

My niece used to say she wouldn't eat anything that had a face!
                              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by shoreham_steve View Post
                                I had no idea it was NVW but then, it always is in our house. We don't eat anything that had parents.

But seeds come from the mother plant and the new seedlings are their offspring

I'm a veggie too and have become very vocal about letting veggies to the front of the buffet queue!
                                Elsie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X