No announcement yet.

I feel terrible

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Wayne (((((HUGS))))) you did what you could for the little bird and as others have said you put it out of its misery regardless of the way you did it so try not to beat yourself up over it.
    AKA Angie

Comment

ooooh ((((((((hugs))))))))

Snowdrop had to dispatch a tiny shrew the other day - he quickly wrapped it in kitchen (so as not to see the face) and bonked it on the bonce with a hammer.

He had tears in his eyes - and not for the first time!

((((((((more hugs))))))))
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

What a horrendous thing! Poor you. HUGS!

Comment

I think you were brave to put the poor thing out of its misery, and the method was quick, well done dont beat yourself up you did the right thing x
          The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

LadyWayne made me feel a bit better about it last night - but that's for another time...

No, seriously, she said that by 'doing the deed' in the bin - at least the little bird won't be mauled by a playful cat.

Thanks for all the comments.
            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Big hug to you Wayne....awful thing to have to do and I don't know if I would have been able to go through with it - cos I'm a complete wimp! Luckily whenever my dog gets hold of anything he's pretty good at dispatching things quickly.....

Comment

Hope you're feeling a bit better now Wayne, I know I wouldn't have known what to do either & would have felt bad myself. I panic when I see anything injured & am quite grateful that the cat has only left dead baby birds on the back doorstep whenever she's caught them & not injured ones requiring action!
                Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X