Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is your gardening dream - money no object?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone want to start a commune?( lol) we seem to be after the same dream, more or less!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
      An Island of my own!
      But no mans an island snadger. Wouldn't you get lonely??

Originally posted by lindyloo View Post
      anyone want to start a commune?( lol) we seem to be after the same dream, more or less!!
      Lindyloo you need to join the its the end of the world and were all going to die horriably thread. At last look we were thinking windsor castle.
      Growing vegetables and flowers to share.
      www.takeoneseed.wordpress.com

Comment

There is a farmhouse up for sale on they way out of town with views over to the sea and Arran 3.75 acres to grow veg or open a small nursery keep saying when I win lotto this will be mine!
        5 bedroom detached house for sale in High Boydstone House, Ardrossan, KA22 8PL, KA22

Comment

Having been bitten by the River Cottage bug many moons ago it would be a small "small holding" where I could also keep some Chickens and Bees.

Space permitting I'd also like to offer a home for stray staffies.
          Cheers

Danny

Comment

Small house, with workshops, barns, stables, pigstys, beehives, goatshed, chicken coops, goose house (all full of course) orchard of mixed fruit trees but all old varieties, walled garden with espalliered fruit, glasshouse, huge veg patch, big cottage garden at front with views over railed paddocks full of horses and a couple of guernsey house cows and...
            the bloomin money and enegy to look after it all
            Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

I'd need 2 (or maybe even 3) houses, but they needn't be big.
              One fore me and OH, one for daughter and her OH, maybe one for son and his OH (I'm not stupid, I ain't sharing a house with them!!!)
              Enough land for a couple of horses, sheep, chooks, possibly goats, and MAYBE pigs.
              plenty of barns for the livestock AND storage
              a small orchard (just how much fruit can people actually eat??)
              and then about ½ acre for the veg, with some greenhouse.
              Half the orchard, plus a bit of space for some veg, in a walled garden.
              Just enough space by the houses for a few ornamentals.
              Lack of money worries, so we could just work the place and keep ourselves in most food (and have a bit to sell for the few things one cannot grow on a small scale).
              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

i keep thinking that it would need another house or cottage, so that it could be rented out free, in exchange for someone doing the heavy maitainance work!!! the house i live in can be basic, as long as the outside is right, and many acre-ed!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X