Is Anyone Else's Bay Tree Flowering??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grannymem View Post
    ...Not sure if we have many baby bays around at the moment in the garden but if some appear I'll post on the vine if anyone wants one.
    Yes please! They're silly money around here.
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Mines 20year old and has never flowered nearly lost it the other year so its looking a bit sorry for itself.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I have two on the second plot we took over in february, they were looking very sad so I cut them down so waiting for them to grow again, no flowers lol.
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

Not so lucky with my bay tree. It looks like it's about to drop dead but I'm still hanging on to hope

Comment

Mine is 30 years old, in a large pot and has travelled all over the country with my many moves over that time. It is healthy and blooming nicely as it has done for about ten springs now. In 2008 I was surprised to find an early purple orchid growing in the soil in its pot. I was always under the impression that orchids were very fussy about where they grow. We do have them growing wild here of course, but I didn't expect to find them making a home in my pots! The hydrangea has one too!

Comment

Mine flowered and self seeded a couple of years in a row which is good as original is now dead. I have about a dozen small bays at various ages which I will grow on.

Comment

Mine is only a foot high, which means it has grown about 6 inches in 3 years! In a north facing front garden and is largely left alone until I want a leaf or two for cooking
                Have never seen a flower on it, but will live in hope maybe one day...
                Kirsty b xx

Comment

Mines looking sorry for itself too.......What can be done? Give it a good hair cut? Feed? its in a pot
                  Impossible is not a fact its an opinion...
                  Impossible is not a decleration its a dare...
                  Impossible is potential......

www.danmonaghan.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by danmon_81 View Post
                    Mines looking sorry for itself too.......What can be done? Give it a good hair cut? Feed? its in a pot
                    Mine was like that - till I banged it in the ground.
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Mine was flowering when I left home yesterday. Its about 20 foot tall, about 6 foot wide and about 4 foot deep, huge great beast, and its flowered every year since I've lived here.
                      Bob Leponge
                      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                        Mines 20year old and has never flowered nearly lost it the other year so its looking a bit sorry for itself.
                        Mines flowered today for the first time
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X