No announcement yet.

We have had snow!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heating is on. We had the electric blanket on last night as well it was baltic. We've had sleet, hail, and snow. I'm fed up, fed up, fed up with the weather

Comment

Blimmin cold here today too - extra layers on, and the heating too.

Just to rub a little salt into the wound, my In-laws are in the Caribbean!

Lucky swine...
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Just wondering if everyone living in arctic regions are miserable all day everyday and do they have 'gardens'.

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
          Just wondering if everyone living in arctic regions are miserable all day everyday and do they have 'gardens'.
          I know someone who went to work in Antarctica from Queensland. They try to grow what they can in terms of fresh produce via hydroponics.

Living there obviously has it challenges, but I don't think everyone is miserable all day, everyday, no.
          I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

It takes more than a bit of cold weather to make me miserable!
            I'm glad I didn't plant out the beans, chillies and courgettes yet, but can't keep them indoors much longer, they need bigger pots, and there won't be enough space for those!
            I think they will have to go out and get a fleecey nightgown....
            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Just to make you feel a little better, just had a chat with my back to back in work, and they had a 45 minute hailstorm this morning, in North Africa!!
              Bob Leponge
              Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
                We've just had friends to stay for a week and they live in Sweden just below the Arctic Circle.
                Nope- they don't get at all down- lots of snow- and enough Ultra Violet once the snow falls in December.
                4 hrs a day clearing snow to keep their access open.
                Skiddoing everywhere- snow fishing etc etc.
                BBQing on the frozen lake at -32C ( mad?...yup!!!)

Yes- they do have a garden. The snow has just finished melting this week and they're getting excited about their daff bulbs coming up! ( and rhubarb)

I've given them some 18 day radish and some 6 week lettuce which are both 'earlies' for them to try.
                Beetroot, spuds, carrots do a treat too.
                Berries do well- rasp and blueberries esp- but they don't grow them too near the house so as not to encourage the bear into the garden.
                The elks and reindeer have been into their gardens as they've been really hungry this year as the snow has been 16 feet deep.

...and there am I moaning about my frosted spuds!!!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X