gutted!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gutted!!

I work a 5 day week and with 2 girls there is little time for gardening especailly with the short days we have at the moment. I have all next week off and had loads of plans but woke this morning to find a re-occuring problem with my neck/back has reared it's ugly head again I don't even remember straining it but the pain is excruciating, so much so I almost want to thow up )

It is such a hopeless situation, I can't dig, even turning my head is sooo much pain, reaching all the way down my arm
    Am completely gutted

Is it a sciatic (sp?) problem? Would a hot shower maybe relax a trapped nerve?

I get sciatic problems which I largely solved by sleeping on a futon. Hope you feel better soon.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Hi !

I sporadically (ooh, get her!) get the same problem, and I swear by my local osteopath, as you say SBP, after a hot shower to ease the tension, and again after the osteopath another hot shower. Takes a day or two to get back to 'normal' and worth the money in my opinion......
      Wish you lots better very soon serenity.

Comment

I always use a warm wheat bag when my neck plays up usually caused by stress

Comment

Have had a smiiar problem in the past, Doc's couldnt really do anything for me, so I went to a Chinese Herbalist, they gave me some 'Red' tablets and some Dragon Oil, result - back better within a few hours and the Dragon Oil is fab, really good for a soothing / warming massage! If nothing else its worth a try, I was very skeptical, but it worked a treat!
          Blessings
          Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
          Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
          Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
          On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

have you noticed how were all ladies replying to this thread now I have the clevage to match Mrs Dobby do you others could this be the real reason for our bad necks!!

Comment

Keep warm, try and relax (OK I know it's easier said than done). I often find that when you have time off arranged your body decides to deal with all the problems you've been fighting off cos you've been so busy. I work full time too, and am almost guaranteed to get a bad cold or muscle problems when I've booked time off. Spoil yourself, and try and relax (that's what holidays are for) and the weather forecast doesn't look too good anyway. Check with your GP or osteopath to see if they recommend any specific treatment as it is recurring. Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ugly gourd View Post
                have you noticed how were all ladies replying to this thread now I have the clevage to match Mrs Dobby do you others could this be the real reason for our bad necks!!
                Don't want to upset the menfolk, but I do find that we ladies do tend to suffer more from back/muscular probs. I really do think it's got a lot to do with the fact that we try to do too much.

Comment

I get recurring torticollis. The physio says the best thing to do is to try and get the movement back as quick as possible - take pain killers to enable the movement and hold onto your neck as you move to make it easier - but do take it easy and no sudden movements!

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
                    Don't want to upset the menfolk, but I do find that we ladies do tend to suffer more from back/muscular probs. I really do think it's got a lot to do with the fact that we try to do too much.
                    is this the point where theres lots of replys from the menfolk defending themselves!!

Comment

Have to agree with RustyLady, we do generally try to do too much, I know that if I want to do something I will struggle on no matter what, maybe I should learn to ask for help a bit more rather than just trying to do it all myself!
                      Blessings
                      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                      Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                      Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                      On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Hello Serenity, I am so sorry for you. I do know how painful all that is. It's not for us to diagnose on the internet but Rustylady is right. It is often when we have time off that our bodies react to all the stress we have been under. If you have seen your doctor before then he will have decided if there is an underlying skeletal problem which needs attention. However, if it is muscular, the most likely cause is the muscles going into spasm - usual cause is stress. Your doctor can help you with Valium, which will relieve the symptoms of stress (but not the underlying causes) and relax the muscles and ease the pain. If you don't want to go down that route, employ all your own stress busting techniques.
                        The only consolation is, sometimes that kind of pain goes as quickly as it came. I do hope you are better very, very soon.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
                          ...If you have seen your doctor before then he will have decided if there is an underlying skeletal problem which needs attention....
                          No disrespect meant Alice, but your faith in the (male?) doctors' diagnosis is perhaps a touch niave? Many years ago when I went to my (female) doctor with my sciatic problem (well okay I think its sciatic, but thats self-diagnosed) she just said I can proscribe you some pain-killers but thats it! Can't even remember if she examined me. Cheers then!

Fortunately I tried changing my sleeping arrangements and bought a more solid 'bed' (a real futon mattress) and that mainly cured it, except for occasional flare-ups.
                          To see a world in a grain of sand
                          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago, after battling through the day with a poorly Miss EB in the house I got a vigorous massage, reiki and some crystal therapy off Mr EB which did the trick. Very targetted. I also made up a strong aromatherapy blend for him to use. Much stronger than would normally be used but I'm happy to take my life in my own hands so to speak. it worked wonders and the following day there was a little stiffness and nothing else.

I totally sympathise with you serenity. If you don't have access to anything other than over the counter meds take regular paracetamol and ibuprofen and top up at night with codeine too either in paramol or cocodamol remembering that they have a full dose of paracetamol in.

Hope you are feeling better soon.
                            Bright Blessings
                            Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

I have small joint arthritis (of the osteo kind) and particularly in my neck. Recently I brought a "Snoozetime" pillow. You see them being sold on barrows in various markets. I was a bit sceptical, but it looked and felt different. I bought mine at the Glasgow Bucanan Galleries during a recent visit. Anyway ...... it has been fantastic! I can't say it takes all the pain and stiffness away but it has certainly helped tremendously, to the point that I can really feel the difference. The inside is a sort of squashy sort of ball, but very small. I am now wondering how I can pack it to take it on holiday! Might help some, but obviously not everyone.
                              ~
                              Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                              ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X