Plague and pestilence!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plague and pestilence!

Well not quite - but illness has settled on our house for the last two weeks and I am sick of it!!! First, my two boys went down with a cold. My eldest one is hardly ever ill but this knocked him over and he was off school for 5 days. My youngest boy seemed to be getting over it but then went downhill again and developed a chest infection. Poor thing was off school for 8 days. Then DH (who is never ill) caught it and developed a chest infection. he was on bad on Friday, he could hardly move. He has been off work for 4 days but looks as if he is on the mend.

I am not a natural Florence Nightingale and I have tried to be chipper about it (in spite of feeling ill myself, the flippin weather, having the new puppy to housetrain and having a small mountain of examination papers to mark) but now I am just bloomin fed up. Next week is half term so all three kids will be at home. Daughter is no doubt waiting until the following week to deveop something! I went all through January with no alcohol or chocolate only to eat and drink for England since all this started. Damn, damn damn.

Sorry, rant over!

Jools

These things are sent to try us!!
    [

Comment

Sorry to hear that Jools. We have all been laid low with some strange illness here too so I know a bit of what you are going through.

Hopefully it is all going to be better now - get the rubbish out of the way early in the year.

Keep smiling!
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Oh what a shame Jools. I do hope you are all feeling much better soon. I think yhe illness you're talking about is on the rounds as I know several people who have been struck with similar thing. Hope that's this years major annoyance over for you.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Were the same father in law mild heart attack november mother in law low blood pressure colapsed xmas eve youngest son sore throat high temp begining december oh and next door neighbour had heart attack last saturday
          Last edited by ugly gourd; 11-02-2007, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Dear Jules
            Massive dose of sympathy from Bubblewrap and me. We went through the mill a bit before Christmas, it really did seem to be 'man flu' (if it's the same bug).

Be kind to yourself as well as everyone else and have faith that this too will pass. Keep breathing and don't beat yourself up. The sun is out here today and I hope it shines on you too.
            Best wishes

Comment

Thanks guys! I was feeling mightily sorry for myself but we haven't been having the serious sorts of illnesses you have been dealing with UG - hope everything is ont he up for you too!

DH has hobbled off to work this morning but I don't think he will stay the course all day. He seems to have gone down hill again and was visibly shaking as he went out the door! This is some bug!
              Jools

Comment

We've had that bug in Suffolk too - my friend Penny had to be taken home by a member of staff, she was shaking and light-headed, almost hallucinating. I've got a cold, its been nearly 2 weeks now and isn't shifting. No cough, just blocked-upedness and difficulty breathing.
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X