Emergency Food - need Help !

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
    Possibly a case of R and R, Liza - rant and run.

Seriously, I think he has a point. All we need is financial meltdown alongside environmental meltdown and things could get quite tricky. Save your seeds.
    I save everything, you should see my garage ! Address withheld ....
    You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

• Originally posted by Liza View Post
      Where`s E gone then ????
      Perhaps he's been on holiday?

French village which will 'survive 2012 Armageddon' plagued by visitors - Telegraph

French village which will 'survive 2012 Armageddon' plagued by visitors

The mayor of a picturesque French village has threatened to call in the army to seal it off from a tide of New Age fanatics and UFO watchers, who are convinced it is the only place on Earth to be spared Armageddon in 2012.
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

• Can't believe no-one told the poor man that Mother Nature has already sorted his problem for him. Rosebay Willowherb and Ground Elder are both entirely edible...couch grass and cleavers are edible...even pignuts. And nobody even thought to suggest horseradish, comfrey or chinese mint, all of which will take over the world unless we start eating now.
        Never mind the air rifle Newmannewy, learn about snares and fishhooks. I'm reliably informed that birds are easier to catch than fish...

And hey, yes, I think in this instance he is a fair way to being right. I'd say we have passed Hubbert's Peak, and our civilisation is at the ebb unless a nanotechnology miracle happens.

Any jokes or bonking gratefully received.
        There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

• Would love to take you up on the bonk, but this is a family forum.

Oh, what the heck! *bonk* *bonk* *bonk* *bonk* *bonk* *bonk* aaaaand I'm done!

Comment

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand behave you two
            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

• What are they like????

(When I was a lass it used to mean bumping into something -like accidentally banging your elbow on something.)

Anyway- back to the subject of the thread....its nearly nettle picking time!!!!
              Last edited by Nicos; 15-03-2011, 08:15 AM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I dug two nettles up yesterday... even thought about re-planting them but then thought nah. and put them in the pile for composting :0

Comment

• Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
                  I dug two nettles up yesterday... even thought about re-planting them but then thought nah. and put them in the pile for composting :0
                  If you've chucked the roots on the compost pile then you've got the chance of more nettles for years to come

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• I don't have any compost bins there yet, I did the same at home and they've all rotted down!

I don't mind, they'd be a welcome weed

Comment

• appreciate the renewed interest in my thread

I would like to state on the record.. I do not believe the end of the world is coming.. In some appocalyptic event (although Japan doesnt look good).. What I believe is the financial system as we know it, is finished.. And what comes from that will be a great upheavel until we can find our feet again.. It takes approx 4hrs for the shelves to be cleaned out in supermarkets when a crisis hits..

What happens when oil hits $300, $400, $1000 a barell due to inflation.. Can u imagine the 70 million strong army of seriously angry and hungry masses when they finally realise money has no value & their money doesnt buy a bean.

There already predicting £2 a litre petrol.. I think £2 will be cheap compared to how high I believe it will go..

I also do not wear a tin foil hat - well except on wednesdays at the local commune.. (joke)

--

oh by the way chris I didnt actually plant any of them.. I just wanted the information for future use!
                      Last edited by newmannewy; 15-03-2011, 07:01 PM.
                      My little site

Comment

• What is NOT likely to happen is the whole world having a financial criss at once. What is more likely is it happenning in a whole lot of places, but not in others, and the places which have survived will take over the rest in short order.
                        Who will still be going? well most likely the nations with a very 'controlling' system. Democracy is a lovely idea, but in a really big crisis it becomes inefficient, allowing take-overs by other forces (and big business has already made inroads, but that is nothing to what the real 'seekers after power' could do).
                        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

• Originally posted by newmannewy View Post

Anyway.. what im wondering is are there and vegetables or food types, that i can go scatter some seeds around a few places and have food grow, die and grow back year on year ?

Is there any such vegetable like this ? That if i dont eat it one year it will re-grow the next year and continue, without me doing anything ?.
                          Can I remind people of the question asked here [quoted above]; so please don't go off topic. Many thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by newmannewy View Post

oh by the way chris I didnt actually plant any of them.. I just wanted the information for future use!
                            You need to plant them now. If you wait for the crisis to start it will be too late.

You should probably put some sort of system in place for rainwater harvesting too. There may (or may not) be plenty of water in the reservoirs but without electricity and/or someone to push buttons it won't actually reach your taps.
                            The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

• i was a bit fed up before i read this thread.............boy has that cheered me up.........pass the shotgun!!!!!
                              May the road rise to meet you,
                              May the wind be always at your back,
                              May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                              The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
                              Until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand

Comment

• OK guys this is going to controversial very controversial.

First let me say I have hunted with both rifle and shotgun so not a feint heart.

Anyone who goes hunting living creatures with a standard air rifle should be shot with one. They will then find out it hurts, really hurts and that its what it will do to your prey.

People do get killed with standard air rifles but it is pure bad luck, nicked artery etc.

The things just do not carry the kinetic energy (12 ft lbs or less) required to ensure a clean kill.

People who hunt with air rifles have usually had them tuned which vastly increase's the kinetic energy of the rifle. They then cease to be air rifles and become Part 1 firearms needing the same certification and security as a real rifle.

I don't mind anyone hunting for food but I object strongly to anyone who fails to take into account they are going to kill a living creature and it is part of their task to ensure a quick depatch of that creature.

I myself would never hunt without a dog then if I make a mistake the dog will help me correct it, but its still not nice.

Being without a dog at this time (he is in training) my guns stay in the security cabinet.

Sorry to go on but I have had to despatch wounded animals that have been shot with air rifles sometimes days after they were shot, most with festering wounds.

Colin.
                                Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X