No announcement yet.

Appearances

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugger me! After reading this thread I stood in front of the mirror. What would you think if you saw a sixty year old woman walking towards you, white hair awry(forgot to brush it) wearing an auberbine coloured hoodie (cast-off from a neighbours daughter) dark blue baggy trousers with a pale blue pattern, black socks and lime green crocs.
    And I'm a nice person and not mad, really!!! But who would belive it?

Comment

Oddly enough - whilst driving home last night I saw a lady of advancing years walking up the road with baggy jeans, trainers and a kind of 80's baseball jacket on and a beanie type hat on. She was walking with a kind of limp (as was the 'street' way some years ago I believe), and it struck me as odd.

Then, as we drew a little closer, it appeared as though she was 'rapping'. She was definitely chatting to someone (I couldn't see her blootoof on account of the hat pulled down over the ears), but the hand gestures were definitely OG*

Then, this morning I saw a dude - also of advancing years walking along wearing a GAP hoodie, and a flat cap - but not any ordinary flat cap - this was clearly a Kangol effort - in plum.

He looked well wikkid man. (He did look cool)

*Original Gansta - ICE T, ICE cube, Dr Dre et al.

On both occasions I thought of this thread.
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

This reminds me of a couple of guys I met a few years ago. They were wearing t-shirts, leather jackets, sported big ZZ top beards and were covered in tattoos on as much of their skin as I could see (including faces and necks). Where did I meet them? In a bird-watching hide, where they had come to do some bird watching. My immediate reaction was 'uh oh' but I sat down anyway and asked them if there was anything of interest out on the scrape. They were courteous and really helpful and we had a lovely chat!

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

One of the nicest young ladies in my church has enough metal in her face to be a hazard to any compass in her vicinity (if it was steel, which it presumably isn't).
          Last year she did a sponsored cycle from London to Paris, 3 days. I can't remember the cause she was fundraising for, but I sponsored her.
          I rarely assume anything about someone over their appearance, but I DO sometimes jump to conclusions based on body-language. 99% of the time it matters not at all, because there is no reason to interact with the person. If I get as far as conversation, attitude (as displayed in response) is the main trigger.
          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
            How does that work? Do you get people on a massage table and then hijack their calf muscles?

Fnar fnar fnar

Zebedee
            "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

i remember a few years back; i was on a rare trip into town, and was a bit alarmed when i saw a large woman bearing down on me from the opposite direction. she had a look of intense concentration, and seemed in a hurry, and somehow uncomfortable, when i stepped out of her path, she stepped over too! i felt quite threatened for a moment .... seconds later i realised it was me, reflected in a large mirror window. ( i used to be slim and model- like, and rarely go into town if i can help it- i feel very oppressed whren i am in one) i did feel like a prat! but it goes to show how easy it is to judge by appearances!!! well, theres a lesson there i suppose!
              Last edited by lindyloo; 08-05-2010, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lindyloo View Post
                i remember a few years back; i was on a rare trip into town, and was a bit alarmed when i saw a large woman bearing down on me from the opposite direction. she had a look of intense concentration, and seemed in a hurry, and somehow uncomfortable, when i stepped out of her path, she stepped over too! i felt quite threatened for a moment .... seconds later i realised it was me, reflected in a large mirror window. ( i used to be slim and model- like, and rarely go into town if i can help it- i feel very oppressed whren i am in one) i did feel like a prat! but it goes to show how easy it is to judge by appearances!!! well, theres a lesson there i suppose!
                Walking up my sister's garden many years ago I saw my mother in her conservatory. Waving to her , she waved back and not 'til I got closer I saw that it was my reflection that I'd seen! Anyway I don't give a f**, no! a fig what people think of me these days, green crocs, Jim's socks and all.
                AND I never judge,especially youth from their appearance, the cleanest and smoothest of people often turn out to be the worst and vice-versa!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X