No announcement yet.

Do you miss any?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was it also Smiths that did the 'salt your own' crisps?

Oh, then there were them fish'n'chips things - then they did chicken'n'chips too I think.

I wouldn't mind, but I';ve just eaten me dinner!
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Fish n Chips! Loved them.

And...

Scampi and Lemon Nik Naks
      Spicy Tomato Snaps
      Pez sweeties with the little dispenser
      Last edited by Rhona; 28-04-2010, 07:54 PM.
      I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Oh, don't talk to me about crisps, my dad used to work for Smiths & the house was full of them. Luckily a mate down the street, he's dad used to work for Cadburys so a box of chrisps for a box of dairy milk was welcome. Have just called into the lickle shop at work & they have got tubes of Back Jacks & Barratts Sherbert tube with the liquorice sticking out.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Can't get a lot of present day sweeties/chocolate over here- so I'm occasionally longing for something which is still available!!!!

rolos originally. Then munchies...and now it's fry's turkish delight

I've also brought back some cadburies flakes as I want to make a few trifles this summer and they're not quite the same without them sprinkled on top!!

When I was pregnant many moons ago I used to look forward to my drifter bar at lunchtime- even though I suffered really badly from morning sickness. I've not seen those around for a while...pity!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Was it Fry's that used to make the chocolate bar that had different flavoured segments in it. I think they still do a mint cream - but this one was different fruit flavours/colours.
            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
              Was it Fry's that used to make the chocolate bar that had different flavoured segments in it. I think they still do a mint cream - but this one was different fruit flavours/colours.
              Yes it was, but I can't remember what it was called, sorry!

My only 'miss' is this;

I MISS being able to stuff my face with all the above mentioned cr*p, and NOT put any weight on! OR get spots!
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by smallfrog View Post
                Is moon dust popping candy??? Northpaul

You can still get it in wilko's. I love it an so did our old collie when we were kids.
                Really?!
                I MUST got and buy some next time I'm over there!

Comment

No, I'm sure they came in a little box - bit like a matchbox and it was bubblegum I think. This was almost 30 years ago though and I have trouble remembering stuff LadyWayne told/asked me 30 mins ago.
                  You have just made me realise how old I actually am. LOL.

Does anyone remember Hanky Panky Popcorn? I thought I had dreamt it until I googled it

Comment

I was just going to mention that one! I used to love them. Still like the odd 'normal' Frys Chocolate Cream.

Animal Counters? Had a giraffe on the front!
                    I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Lick ya lips big fella.

http://www.cadbury.co.uk/ourproducts...ntres-1980.jpg
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Sharpes toffee slabs, that came with a little hammer to smash 'em, and when you ettit it nearly pulled yer teeth out.

Zebedee
                        "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

Does anyone remember Cadbury's Border Creme Eggs - they came in a tartan foil wrapper and were filled with a delicious chocolate fondant rather than the white and yolk colour in the normal creme egg. They disappeared around mid-80s as far as I recall.

I've no idea why they were called Border or had a tartan wrapper - Scotland isn't known for its Cocoa trees (maybe they were only sold up here to appeal to our notorious sweet tooth).

Comment

Highland toffee bars and they also did them as penny sweets - yum.

Comment

I do wish tomato crisps were still about. I get real cross when I find something I like and it suddenly disappears.

Comment

I get so annoyed when I pick a bag of crisps in a green bag thinking they are cheese & onion to find they are salt n vinegar. Don't they know salt n vinegar crisps go in BLUE bags.............

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~si.../New_Top_3.jpg
                                Last edited by Bigmallly; 29-04-2010, 01:27 PM. Reason: link added.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X