Water seems to be a miracle.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water seems to be a miracle.

After reading about water being a fly repellent, I also have just come across this. Anyone else heard of it?.

RE: Anyone have a good homemade recipe to deter cats pooping.

Answer:

Don't ask me why this works, but it does. My girlfriend has a gallon jug of tap water sitting in her yard where the cats used to "go" and the cats don't come in anymore. After she tried everything, her auntie told her to try that. Seeing was believing.
    Faith
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

maybe their are afraid she is hiding around the corner and will chuck it over them as soon as they squat
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

lol
      you missed off the bit about chucking the said water at the cat ten times so it got the message.

I have a cat btw and no i don't chuck water at it. Although if it must use my seedbed as a litter tray and not its own tray then i should be allowed to shout at it.

Same as the dog who has taken up digging as its new hobby nothing for 7 years and now big holes in flower bed.

Bit mardy today :O( sorry
      Growing vegetables and flowers to share.
      www.takeoneseed.wordpress.com

Comment

We have a cat who likes my seed trays too...I couldn't work out where the smell of cat wee was coming from until I got my nose down to the poor seedlings in it and then I knew where it was! Luckily by that point most of the seedlings had been transplanted to bigger pots so I just dumped the rest. This is the same cat that knocked the cover off the windowsill propogator and spent the weekend sleeping on my cape gooseberry and pepper seedlings...bah humbug!

Comment

That's what I was thinking too smallfrog.

I had a cat who used to sleep in the drainer on the mop bucket, the bit were you squeezed the mop out, while the mop bucket was full. Even falling in didn't stop him, though it had me scratched to bits as I held him under the shower head to rinse him off.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
            After reading about water being a fly repellent, I also have just come across this. Anyone else heard of it?.

RE: Anyone have a good homemade recipe to deter cats pooping.

Answer:

Don't ask me why this works, but it does. My girlfriend has a gallon jug of tap water sitting in her yard where the cats used to "go" and the cats don't come in anymore. After she tried everything, her auntie told her to try that. Seeing was believing.
            Faith
            Yes BM My mums neighbour has one by his front gate and it works.
            You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

Thanks a lot Liza.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

It appears to be a reflection thing, see number 19.

Tendring .NET - 20 Tips to Try to Keep Cats Out of Your Garden

Comment

I've heard of putting bottles of water around and about in your veg beds. Apparently it's the sloshiness they don't like, if they try to bat them away.
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Well anything is worth a try Flum & the bonus is it's free............typical yorkshireman.

Comment

My parents put halffilledpopbottles by the front door,no cat spray,I put them in the front garden of oh house, no spray but sometimes there are fur balls...not noticed muxh poo[if any]since I put them there though [2+yearsago]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X