Pepper substitute cost thousands

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepper substitute cost thousands

An Australian publisher has had to pulp and reprint a cookbook after one recipe listed "salt and freshly ground black people" instead of black pepper.

Penguin Group Australia had to reprint 7,000 copies of Pasta Bible last week, the Sydney Morning Herald has reported.

The reprint cost A$20,000 ($18,000; £12,000), but stock in bookshops will not be recalled as it is "extremely hard" to do so, Penguin said.

The recipe was for tagliatelle with sardines and prosciutto.

"We're mortified that this has become an issue of any kind, and why anyone would be offended, we don't know," head of publishing Bob Sessions is quoted as saying by the Sydney newspaper.

story from bbc news
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8627335.stm
    Last edited by enrich100; 25-04-2010, 12:03 PM.
    Thought For The Day
    If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
    Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Haha, thats funny. THere is going to be huge demand for the books with the misprint
    Kirsty b xx

Comment

Yep that will be in demand.

I can see why people could get offended by it, not saying I think they should but people can get offended by the smallest thing these days, so to say he can't is a tad off. though it is a funny typo. Some people are actually stupid enough to ask for it. I go to a pet shop where people have tried to steal the animals or items while the staff were looking directly at them, definitely not going to have a long criminal career. My mum bought a lighter and instead of just the usual sticker there were two, the second was one with pictographic instructions with numbered arrows telling you how to use a lighter.
      Last edited by Guttata; 25-04-2010, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Oh dear. But, any recipe that asks for pasta and sardines should be destroyed IMHO

Comment

"Unbelievable! So what is white pepper if it is not ground. Or maybe I have still not got the drift. Is there a problem if I like black coffee or am I being racist?"

OMGI have read and reread the post. Called my OH into wonder, as I was ,what the problem is and then read it properly.

No wonder they demanded a reprint. Poor man!

Comment

lucky it wasnt tagliatelle with sardines and prostitutes.....

Comment

I suppose Hannibal Lecter would order a "Nice little Chianti" to go with that.

On a serious note it should really have been picked up on when it was proof read.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X