No announcement yet.

So...what have you lost this winter???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have lost all of my 6 lavenders, a cordyline, a white Hydrangea (which i only bought last year), ditto a young olive tree which i thought would be ok in the unheated GH all winter, 5 young strawberry plants, and all of my fuschias - which i manage to kill every winter & MIL kindly grows me new ones from cuttings to replace them every year!
    Jane,
    keen but (slightly less) clueless
    http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

1 lavender, 2rosemary, 3 geraniums, 1 lovage, 2 bay trees [baby ones], and 6 strawberries.
      I didn't lose a partridge in a pear tree though
      and my accidentalpeach/nectarine is in flower, I've never seen them before, they're really pretty little flowers...

Comment

Having been home a couple of days and looked properly around the place it appears I have lost:

That loving feeling
        A walnut tree (gutted)
        A grape vine that my friends cut down without realising when they were cutting my grass
        Two gooseberry bushes in pots that I was waiting for my fruit garden to get into order
        LOADS of strawberry plants and runners.

Ah well
        Bob Leponge
        Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
          Having been home a couple of days and looked properly around the place it appears I have lost:

That loving feeling
          A walnut tree (gutted)
          A grape vine that my friends cut down without realising when they were cutting my grass
          Two gooseberry bushes in pots that I was waiting for my fruit garden to get into order
          LOADS of strawberry plants and runners.

Ah well
          Ive got 3, 6 inch high, walnut saplings (and even that seems too grand a description) and would be happy to send one in the post to you....

Comment

My strawberry grape vine - planted last autumn - but that might be as much to do with our cold, sticky clay soil or the fact that I had let it dry out in its pot once too often - as the weather. It's funny how on the opposite plot a completely neglected vine in even wetter soil seems to have thrived for years.......

Comment

I've lost two rhubards, a well established Jasmin, Passion Flower and two smaller plants. Luckily I have some cutting from the Jasmin but it will take a couple of years for it to get back to how the original was.

Comment

Originally posted by lizzylemon View Post
                Ive got 3, 6 inch high, walnut saplings (and even that seems too grand a description) and would be happy to send one in the post to you....

Even a 6 inch high overly described walnut sapling would be better than the stick that currently occupies the place of the old walnut tree.
                Really appreciate the kind offer LL, address has been PM'ed.

Man, I love this place!!
                Bob Leponge
                Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X