Come dine on the Vine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French Onion Soup
    Roast Beef, Yorkshire Pudding (no, it's not a starter), steamed carrots, cauliflower & broccoli cheese, roast potatoes and roast parsnips served with home made beef gravy.
    Apple Pie and custard.

No nonsense and if you're a veggie, don't eat the beef or the gravy.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I agree too! Its all gratinated this and bruleed that over puree, jus or foam! I like simple food and fresh ingredients! It's all too complicated these days.... I dont understand half the menu's I read these days! I'm not even that old!!!

Binley - Can I come to yours for dinner anyway your menu sounds FAB...!!!
      Last edited by Jelliebabe; 19-04-2010, 02:55 PM.
      http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

I think this is soo tricky, because I would want each item to compliment each other, and it would depend what was in season too. For example, at the mo I have made loads of wild garlic risotto, which would make a great starter...??

Will think on

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
          Starter - Pan fried scallops (with the coral) with rocket salad and lemon butter

Main - lamb tagine with apricots served with cuscus

cheese - continental style and served before dessert, good artisan stuff

Dessert - Chocolate fondant pots served with vanilla icecream and homemade ginger thin biscuits
          Oh please invite me, PW! We're obviously twin souls.

Comment

Well I have to say that Mrs TK is a fantastic cook, and I get treated daily to wonderful meals.
            However, she always pushes the boat out when we have friends around for dinner.
            To her cooking is not complicated, where as If I tried the same thing the kitchen would look like a bomb site, and I would need a week to get organised.
            Nothing fazes her, and she does have more cookery books than WH Smith.
            Here is one of the menus that was posted in the kitchen, when we had friends over one night.

Mr TK
            Attached Files
            Mr TK's blog:
            http://mr-tomato-king.blogspot.com/
            2nd Jan early tomato sowing.

Video build your own Poly-tunnel

Comment

That sounds yummy, I agree with you T.K what's complicated for one person isn't always complicated for someone else. If there's £1000 pounds up for grabs...I think I'd push the boat out...so to speak

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X