The good life.......

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
    This is what I mentioned last week Sarz. I replied to the thread that was posted and then wham bam away it went, so maybe you were the one that removed it as being inappropriate. I couldn't have applied anyway, I'm a singleton gardener, the OH is a TV sport surfer.
    It wasn't Sarz; it was another Mod - we always hide these pending further clarification from the Admin team, and in this instance they didn't want it reinstating.

Comment

My big sis and her husband spent some weeks living with crofters, originally from a mental health provision point of view. She then made a short Channel 4 film about how growing fruit and veg helps people with mental health issues. I think she was considering bringing the two together and doing something about how the crofters live day to day, how self-sufficient they're able to be, and so on. I somehow doubt it'll get commissioned, but I'll check her progress - haven't heard anything about it recently.

I'd watch it!
      I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        I've just been looking at all the dissent about the present gardening programmes and got to thinking........

A programme I would gladly watch on a weekly basis is a remake of The Good Life....for real.

To follow the trials and tribulations on a weekly basis from the inception of a family who have decided to give the good life a try. Not for just one season though........maybe a five year span?

A Scottish crofters life would also make very interesting television.

I don't watch much television so I'm sure someone is going to point me in the direction of programmes that have already done this?
        I'm stupid enough to be Tom.
        My wife is definitely sexy enough to be Barbera. Does this place us in the running?
        Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketron View Post
          I'm stupid enough to be Tom.
          My wife is definitely sexy enough to be Barbera. Does this place us in the running?
          Depends whether you have snooty neighbours or not!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Do you think I could 'vounteer' our neighbours, without them knowing?

Six weeks without her 'little angels' causing a nuisance outside every hour of the day would be pure heaven and the thought of her, coping with 4 of them in a caravan, sheer ecstasy.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post

In terms of a Scottish Crofter - did you ever see Monty's Great Adventure (not the Don, some other Monty - ex forces I think). Brilliant programme.

He has a new show - don't have a date, just read about it. He is in North and South Uist, and Barra. There for six months. Volunteering as wildlife ranger etc. Reuben, his dog, is also there. The scenery will be fantastic and Reuben hopfully should be a star again - he looks like a young version of our older dog
              Elsie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X