Thinking of you Ollie

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
    LOL! BM - that's just ruined my mental image of the lovely Jason!
    You should see his photogenic side.
    http://www.goonersguide.com/uploaded...own-725412.jpg
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Quick update:

I had a bath last night and was able to dunk my head underwater for the first time in a year (I've previously had a central line around the top of my chest that I couldn't get wet for risk of infection). It's odd how a small thing like dunking underwater can feel so different when you haven't done it in a year.

The dressing over the wound also washed off (which is fine, it's only there to stop rubbing) and as a result I had no bandages, dressings, catheters, lines, canulars, stitches or other medical accessories for the first time in 12 months which was also a complete novelty.

I slept last night without applying a new dressing and was pretty comfortable. And my boss text me this morning asking me when I'd be back at work. Sounds like she needs more trainers available. Should be back in the office in a couple of weeks so then it'll be back to life as normal.
      Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
      Snadger - Director of Poetry
      RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
      Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
      Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
      piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Oh also: I've shown the Grapevine card to practically every nurse, doctor, friend, family member and well-wisher who has dropped by. They, like me, have all been amazed at the thoughtfulness of it. It's not just been a huge success with me, so thank you all again.
        Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support

Comment

so pleased for you ollie ,thank you for sharing it with us,is a privaledge,
          hope your brother/best mate is doing well to,
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Well done Ollie, fantastic progress. Will you be glad to get back to work, or are you getting used to it at home now you're a little fitter?
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Glad your improving each day pal.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                Well done Ollie, fantastic progress. Will you be glad to get back to work, or are you getting used to it at home now you're a little fitter?
                I'm not sure, I suppose it'll be nice to be earning money again as I don't get sick pay. And sitting around at home all day gets a little mundane. I suppose I'm looking forward to it. Work was rarely much fun as I had to juggle it with dialysis which would leave me feeling pretty knackered at least 2 mornings a week and I wouldn't have as much free time in the evenings.

I'm looking forward to doing all the things I couldn't/didn't have time to/found too difficult to do, like exercising, cooking, gardening. And I'm really enjoying eating whatever I want at the moment. It's still weird eating a meal and not having to chase it up with a handful of pills.

Comment

so...what you saying is you switched from pill popping to needles?

Glad you are on the mend!
                  Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

and there was I feeling a bit knackered and sorry for myself. Your post was like a kick up the proverbial.

Comment

So glad you are feeling better. In fact you must be well to read all of this, I laughed so much it would have burst stitches so be careful
                      Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
                        and there was I feeling a bit knackered and sorry for myself. Your post was like a kick up the proverbial.
                        There's always someone worse off than any of us, that doesn't mean you're not allowed to feel sorry for yourself sometimes.
                        My Mum told my sister that if she felt under the weather or had a cold she shouldn't tell me because I had enough on my plate. I was livid with her. I don't have a monopoly on feeling rubbish (especially not at the moment as I'm feeling comparably great!), and if everyone pretends to feel fantastic even when they aren't it actually makes you feel even more depressed when you are low because you feel like you're the only one.

Why is Brengirl knackered? Been spending too much time on the plot?

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
                          There's always someone worse off than any of us, that doesn't mean you're not allowed to feel sorry for yourself sometimes.
                          My Mum told my sister that if she felt under the weather or had a cold she shouldn't tell me because I had enough on my plate. I was livid with her. I don't have a monopoly on feeling rubbish (especially not at the moment as I'm feeling comparably great!), and if everyone pretends to feel fantastic even when they aren't it actually makes you feel even more depressed when you are low because you feel like you're the only one.
                          Glad you are starting to feel the benefits of this major operation. When my sister was diagnosed with cancer in her spine I always stopped short of saying my back is killing me, of course it wasnt but hers was. She would say it must be killing you why didnt you say something.

Keep getting better Ollie.
                          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                          and ends with backache

Comment

Oh wow that sounds like your doing really well! Thats fantastic! Keep it up
                            http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post

Why is Brengirl knackered? Been spending too much time on the plot?
                              Hehe. Maybe overdoing things makes me realise I am not far off from being taken to the yard

Comment

Glad you are on the mend ollie just take things steady and dont go back to work till you think you are ready no matter how many times the boss phones (makes you feel wanted though dosent it)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X