No announcement yet.

seed storage

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mines in a old biscuit tin and one day I'll get around to decorating the outside of it.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

deep sweet tins are good,1 for each,like,brasicas,flowers,beans & squash,salads,then i know where to find things easier,oh and a spare tin to gather all the days planting at the lottie in,keeps them safer,and you can hide them at the lottie,without feeding the mice,where as plastic will be nibbled,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Oh gould, I have 4 x 9 litre plastic boxes with lots of my cfb varieties in another.

Comment

Seed Storage

My husband likes to browse in Maplins which isn't my thing but passing the time I noticed they had some really good priced sturdy plastic boxes with clip down sides and I bought one to store my seeds. It's wide enough to have two lots of packets side by side and holds loads. More importantly it stores them in really good condition.

Comment

Biscuit tins, chocolate tins, Ferrero Rocher (spelling, ambassador?) boxes, ice cream tubs ... should really get them organised I guess.
            Bob Leponge
            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
              Spooky, Matthew - care to swap ideas for designs??
              Take some 18mm plywood and let your imagination run wild in the workshop! For the price of that seed tin on eBay, you could make about 8 from 1 sheet of ply. I'm sure you've got nails, screws and paint
              All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
              For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

I have a fixation with containers of all shapes and sizes. I bought this at a car boot last year and was wondering what I could use it for.

Attached Files

Comment

I have a shoe box!!

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
                    I have a shoe box!!
                    I've got 3 shoe boxes (one is flowers though)
                    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

2 x 5 1/4" floppy disk storage boxes. They have adjustable partitions and are wide enough for most seed packets.
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                        I've got 3 shoe boxes (one is flowers though)

Well give it back to her then, poor girl!!
                        Bob Leponge
                        Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Silly Bob!

I have made myself a cardboard box (sort of shoebox size, but longer and narrower). I also made cardboard dividers labelled with the months of the year. I file all my seeds by sewing month, and as I sew any successional seeds (like salad bits), I move the packet up into the next month so I remember to sew them again. Simple!

I also read a review (somewhere) of the one you are looking at, and it didn't fare very well...I think that was something to do with the dividers.

Comment

I use couple of these and plan to buy couple more... these boxes can be stacked over each other and inside the box u can make partitions according to your needs
                            IKEA | Opbevaring | Børnenes småopbevaring | GLIS | Æske med låg

http://bageechah.blogspot.com/

Comment

A shoe box with cardboard dividers, keeping the seeds in order of planting.

Comment

Mine is very similar to this one, it was been thrown out at work, thank you very much. As with PB's it also has month dividers to use for succession sowing.

large seed box by garden trading | notonthehighstreet.com
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X