No announcement yet.

yuk - worms

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After you have gutted a few fish/rabbits and chickens you kind of become immune to the squeamishness
    Last edited by northepaul; 03-04-2010, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Yeeeeeeeeew hadn't heard of this before now. Will be inspecting all my cod in future!!!
      AKA Angie

Comment

I've never had problems being squemish perticularly, Dad used to raise chickens, turkeys and rabbits for Christmas meat, and we all had to do our share of plucking and gutting, though my wrists were never too good when it came to skinning a rabbit. I think it was the unexpectedness that got me, and I am feeling a bit poorly just now, so maybe that was why it affected me so badly.
        I did used to be a vegetarian for about 5 years, and was quite happy with it, I don't tend to eat a lot of meat or fish anyway. The rest of the family comment on my 'big' dinners, but I eat all the types of veg, not just one or two, and leave out the stodgy stuff like yorkshire pud, stuffing etc. Son No2 likes 3 types of potato with a roast dinner, new and mash as well as roast
        I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
        Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

when I were a little lass - the Olden Days - my mum found worms in some fish she was preparing to cook. We didn't have much dinner that day!
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Flum, I thought you were going to say "extra protein" !
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

We just had the veg I think!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Ive heard of them but lucky enough to have seen any yet. Tuna is another one prone to woms in meat so I hear but then it's tres expensive fresh so probably wont see any of them either :P

Comment

Originally posted by BarleySugar View Post
                  Wish I hadn't swapped with son no2 who should have been cooking today.
                  you were going to cook son no 2?
                  Thought For The Day
                  If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
                  Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X