No announcement yet.

I got my first real 6 string ....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to learn on a rubbish guitar - the bridge was too high, so as oldie says, the strings were too far from the fretboard, and the sheer discomfort made me give up. I thought someone should invent little fingerpads or something!

Mr R plays flamenco and and 'ordinary' guitar - as soon as I had a go on his (significantly better) guitars, I realised that it doesn't have to hurt QUITE that much...
    I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Oldie, are you Justin?
      I'm guessing not with your name and his age, but it could be a dead herring?
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Sorry to drag this oldie up, but does anyone know where I can find music online that is just written in chords (ie play this chord, then this chord repeat to fade). I'm struggling to find anything as the Empire of Evil known as Google doesnt like me.
        Ta
        Bob Leponge
        Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Summat like this bob?

Learning Guitar - Lesson One - Learning Basic Chords
          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Bobster, have a chat to DarkCrow. He plays Bass and Lead guitar. I know he does a lot 'by ear', but he might be able to help out.
            Last edited by Pumpkin Becki; 04-06-2010, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post

There are a couple of songs in there that have the chords, but its more of a book of that sort of stuff, or tons of different songs along the same lines that I'm looking for.
              Good start though big fella, thats my neighbours hearing "leaving on a jet plane" for the next week till I've mastered it.
              Bob Leponge

Comment

Bob, have you tried learning guitar tab? Mr R started with that and liked it. I'll try to find some good links. But given my current form, don't hold your breath...
                I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

still learning to play, but i have learnt a few things; first its jolly hard on the fingertips, so get a guitar that does not have high action, nylon strings are kinder than metal, and a classical is a nice guitar to start with. you can pick up a hohner for about £20 on ebay- ( my first one cost £1 !!! and it did the job) cheap and cheerful, but they are a decent starter guitar. buy an electronic/ battery operated tuner, much easier and more efficient than the tuning pipes.

there is a terrific man on the internet called mikeherbert, he has a website and is on youtube; just go to youtube and search guitar lessons + his name, and then you can sign up for about 25 free video lessons.

its a great pastime, just learn 3 chords at a time, rather than try to learn them all!

there is also a set of books by a bloke called russ shipton- the complete guitar player, who is simple and straightforward to start with. i bought the complete set of 4 books on ebay for a fiver. once you work through them, you can pretty much work out "proper music" too!

i too find tabs easy, and when you start, i think it is easier. basically, a friends husband talked me through the first couple of lessons in russ skipton books ( not because the book is hard to understand, but because i am totally non- musical) friends o.h.recomended i get the books to start out with, and really, if i can do it anyone can. currently learning romanza through mike herberts free lessons, which is a beautiful spanish style piece. just wish i could get my fret fingers up to speed!!!! ( any hints on how to achieve this, anyone??)
                  Last edited by lindyloo; 04-06-2010, 02:33 PM.

Comment

I learn from 'Play with yourself in a day' (well, it's nearly called that) by Bert Weedon. Gives me age away!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hey M. Le Bob, some inspiration for you
                      Attached Files

Comment

I dont know who's been talking but my teeth (sadly) arent actually too far away from that.
                        Bob Leponge

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
                          I dont know who's been talking but my teeth (sadly) arent actually too far away from that.
                          Non non non monsieur Bob, it's Shane MacGowan before and after new teeth re your 1st comment on this post not a direct reference to you!! Oh the shame of me

Comment

No worries LL, ever since that fateful day when my eldest grandaughter aged 4 was sat on my lap in the kitchen and looked up at me with a concerned look and said

"Granddad, there's something wrong, you havent got much teeth"

My mouth furniture has been a family joke. I took no offence I can assure you.
                            Bob Leponge

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
                              No worries LL, ever since that fateful day when my eldest grandaughter aged 4 was sat on my lap in the kitchen and looked up at me with a concerned look and said

"Granddad, there's something wrong, you havent got much teeth"

My mouth furniture has been a family joke. I took no offence I can assure you.
                              And there was me after reading your Shane Macgawon / Dentistry / You / Music comment that after seeing him with his new teeth you'd be inspired to keep going!!!

Mind you, no one ever accused me of making sense but I've often been told I'm good at digging very deep holes for my foot

Comment

Anyone else misread "6" as "G" ?
                                Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X