X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes please lettucegrow!

Comment

Originally posted by lizzylemon View Post
      I've just put an album on for you spesh like. It's a few snaps of gardens I designed and my hubs built when we were trying start up a gardening business...(for a year before being totally skint & dishearted - loads of people stole my designs and didn't employ us to do the work...) 5 years ago.

I'd love to see what they look like now with the all plants at maturity. But then maybe not if they've chopped and changed it all

Let me know if you want to see more - I've loads but it would be better to flickr them.
      Great, thank you..

I'll put up a pic of my garden, it was nice when we moved in, but everythign really has grown now.. so looking to start afresh I think!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
        I have rooms in my garden, the first pic now has raised beds against the wall (see my albums)
        BM - that's a really nice garden. Thank you for the pics

Comment

Originally posted by lizzylemon View Post
          I've just put an album on for you spesh like. It's a few snaps of gardens I designed and my hubs built when we were trying start up a gardening business...(for a year before being totally skint & dishearted - loads of people stole my designs and didn't employ us to do the work...) 5 years ago.

I'd love to see what they look like now with the all plants at maturity. But then maybe not if they've chopped and changed it all

Let me know if you want to see more - I've loads but it would be better to flickr them.
          Really nice Lizzy Lemon! Did the business take off?

Our house was a show home, so they built a wall around the garden (back garden) - I guess the side garden wasn't completed... so then after the side garden was done.

Anyway, i've attached some piccies from google, we share the front garden with neighbours, they're quite old shots, the street view one - in the side garden that's all fenced off now, so GH and other beds + fruit is going/in there now. Red is where the wall is, and yellow the fench newely errected. Blue box is where the veg beds are in the garden.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
            We did a circular pottager thingy last year
            That's really nice, given me a good idea cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
              Really nice Lizzy Lemon! Did the business take off?
              Sadly not: Ground force programs made it impossible to make money from. They showed amazing transformations but not the real price of the labour & hardscaping so people expected total remakes for pence. Mind you I suspect we're both quite glad now, hubbies back & knees would have given up for good by now and I love my current job.

You have plenty of scope with your garden for sure - I'm slightly envious as I'd love to own a garden (renting isn't quite the same) and as you're thinking of redesigning it all the possibilities are endless.......

I like BMs idea of rooms a lot and it's sparked me off. If I had a garden to design I think I'd mark out overlapping shapes on the ground, and surface each shape with a different texture; circle = grass, triangle = gravel, square = paved etc and then plant the spaces in between / around the shapes according to floor surface. I.e. grass = english garden, gravel = desert type plants, paved = mediteranian finishing with a veggepatch.

Or something like that.....I'll stop now

Comment

mine is neither here nor there really, a bit wild ! pics from last september!
                Attached Files

Comment

Oh, Petal, that's gorgeous - lucky you! We have the most lovely house, and a view of the sea to die for, but the teensiest garden (big patio at the back and smallish lawn at the front.) My children would love a garden like that, as would I.
                  Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

Thats a beautiful hugmongous garden petal, I would love to have a sea view Pips. I guess I just want it all....
                    Last edited by Bigmallly; 31-03-2010, 06:58 AM.
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

WOW Petal, can I come and garden in your garden please when I move up there

My soon-to-be-garden is very small - I shall be back here with pictures to ask for ideas please

BM - loving your garden
                      aka
                      Suzie

Comment

all your gardens look lovely. sadly, all i have is my allotment, as i rent.......*sigh one day!!
                        Finding Home

Comment

I love my garden, but it needs structure, flowers etc - piskie in boots please help!!!!!

Comment

nice that you want to visit that garden . and its also good that you want your own garden in small or as in space you have . tell you friend about this and may they gift you beautiful garden ornaments or gifts

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X