No announcement yet.

Summer 2010

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're probably going to have to pick your favourite 2, RustyLady.

Comment

Originally posted by PAULW View Post
      They've gone and done it again, the met office have predicted another barbecue summer
      It's not the Met Office, it's "Positive Weather Solutions – which employs just five staff at its office in Abergavenny, Wales, correctly called the “rain and thunderstorms causing concern” which blighted barbecues across the land last summer.
      The firm also accurately forecast a “big freeze” lasting into March.... It now predicts that average temperatures this June, July and August will beat those of 1976"

Still, I don't believe in weather forecasts. You might as well look at your tealeaves
      Last edited by Two_Sheds; 23-03-2010, 07:55 AM.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

And make sure you are well stocked up on the following:
        sandbags
        waders
        rubber dinghies

sunscreen
        sunshades
        water jerry cans

just to be prepared.
        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Its all just a ploy to get us out and spend money. We have had a few nice days, the temperature is rising and guess what the shops are full of garden furniture and BBQ's!!

We spent Saturday in the garden cleaning the patio and sorting out where we were going to plant things this year. I was getting excited about sitting out enjoying the sunshine watching all my plants grow and remembered the lovely garden furniture I had seen the day before

Lots of bargains for Easter weekend to tempt us .... I know because I am being tempted

Comment

I was tempted to get the big garden table and chairs out yesterday !
            The one thing which put me off was that it all needs oiling and I've got enough to do already!!! ( out of site out of mind eh???)
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I bought a cast iron table & chair set last year in the sale, so no oiling for me, but I DON'T do BBQ's...smelly thing's.

Comment

Wonder if I will get blight free tomatoes - see HF rush to plant more seeds!
                Never ever came across blight until the past 3 years!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
                  Wonder if I will get blight free tomatoes - see HF rush to plant more seeds!
                  Never ever came across blight until the past 3 years!!!!!!!!
                  Me too HF, last year was my first time with it and it devastated most of my tommy's, fingers crossed for this year mate.

Comment

ps Mr HF bought me bat detector for Christmas - its going to get a lot of use this summer then!

Comment

I promised my husband I wouldn't grow as much this year, last year was my first year of growing and my plants took over the patio... it was a tomato jungle out there.

This year I have agreed to limit myself to one side, which made him very happy... he even bought me another mini green house which I had wanted last year when there were none left.
                      Then I piped up with the suggestion that the other side of the patio(where we like to sit ) would benfit from an upgrade to the seating. Poor man, his face dropped when he realised I was suggesting a shopping trip! I have seen all these garden sofas which look fab and would fit very nicely into our corner!!!

Comment

You can bet your bottom dollar that our summer will arrive on June 20th - just as I'm trying to kill myself cycling up Ditchling Beacon.
                        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Hates shopping does he Murphy????

I try to include a few camera shops and maybe a pub en route in those situations!

( thank goodness my OH loves anything gardening/outdoor too!)
                          Last edited by Nicos; 23-03-2010, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                            You can bet your bottom dollar that our summer will arrive on June 20th - just as I'm trying to kill myself cycling up Ditchling Beacon.
                            Thanks for the tip off- I'll diary it for a BBQ then!

Comment

might as well just stick your finger out the window before you venture out.....................................

Comment

He doesn't mind shopping as such but he knows me too well and my little ideas always end up as big ideas:-) He always loves it when its done... tv's and home cinema stuff is his weakness!

I have been out of work since the start of last year so we have not been buying anything non essential. I had an interview last week (will hear in the next day or two if I have got it) but I started to believe in possibilities and he knows he will be in trouble... a year of pent up shopping lists waiting to break out

I am coming out of a doldrum with a vengence.... although I could be right back down there just as fast!

I guess I have until 20th June to get my job and do my shopping

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X