No announcement yet.

What job did you do whilst at school..?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first Saturday job was in an army surplus store, then for a more upmarket outdoor equipment shop. these were useful for me as my hobby was, and still is, backpacking and fellwalking
    If you've ever had a job where you serve the Great British Public you wonder why you're suprised any more

Comment

Being near the coast, my weekend and summer job was at one of those seaside shop places where they sold rock, postcards, kiddies buckets & spades etc and a large selection of naff rude ornamants. Still remember being amazed at the rubbish the public are prepared to buy when they're on their hols.

Comment

Apart from a paper round I never did any jobs at all till I left home. Would have to take exception to TS's remark re all given to them on a plate, as all 3 of mine had Saturday jobs, did babysitting etc as soon as they were old enough, which is far more than I ever did.
        Bob Leponge
        Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

I did a bit of baby sitting as a teenager, then worked at an examining board in the summer holidays once I was at Sixth Form/Uni.

Think you're being a bit harsh T_S. I won't be demanding that any of mine work long and/or difficult hours as children. The hard grind of wage earning starts soon enough without anyone hurrying their kids into joining it!
          I was feeling part of the scenery
          I walked right out of the machinery
          My heart going boom boom boom
          "Hey" he said "Grab your things
          I've come to take you home."

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot, I was press-ganged into baby-sitting for friends of my Folks so they could go out on the razzle. Never did take to babies
            Last edited by Glutton4...; 24-03-2010, 07:06 PM.
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Bush beating (granddad was a game keeper)
              Urban Escape Blog

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X