Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with Sky+ able to do me a huge favour?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure have Hotstuff, it is a combo DVD / video recorder - have only ever used it to play back pre-recorded stuff.
    (My late OH was always in charge of all the technicalities )
    Last edited by Jeanied; 16-03-2010, 01:01 PM.
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

I've tried Googling for an easy step by step guide but can't find one. I'll put something together & PM you.
      There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

We've had a 'recordable' DVD player for just over 5 years now and we've recorded..........

Naff all on it.

I tried it once and gave up - it's above and beyond me.

That said, since the dude came to fit our Sky+ HD box we haven't even been able to watch pre-recorded DVD's.

I'm in so much trouble when Bean gets older.
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Why are you not transferring your Sky to the new house? I refused, for years, to have Sky, then went straight to Sky+HD - It's fab, I wouldn't be without it, as it keeps Mr. G quiet for hours! I only ask because I'm nosey
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
            Why are you not transferring your Sky to the new house?
            You ask away luvvy!

Coz we got two honkin' big trees infront of the house, which would totally block the dish's reception. Also, being in a 'conservation area' it would look a bit ugly.

At the moment we can barely even get terrestrial, and the digital website thingy says our area will never be able to receive digital telly even after the switch over!! What am I gonna do then!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
              You ask away luvvy!

Coz we got two honkin' big trees infront of the house, which would totally block the dish's reception. Also, being in a 'conservation area' it would look a bit ugly.

At the moment we can barely even get terrestrial, and the digital website thingy says our area will never be able to receive digital telly even after the switch over!! What am I gonna do then!!
              See, now that's the bit that confuses me. Why does my dish point towards my neighbours house and not upwards to where the Sky is?
              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

You ask away luvvy!

Can you use the same setup with Virginmedia. I have the V+ box which you can record onto but not the facility to record to disc.
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                  Can you use the same setup with Virginmedia. I have the V+ box which you can record onto but not the facility to record to disc.
                  OH has looked into it, and I think we'd have the same problem. It's certainly left us scratching our heads

Comment

Thing is with Virgin Media, you need to be in a cabled area. Assuming you've got a BT phone line in the new place then maybe BTVision? Will you have broadband? Will you still be able to get on the Vine?
                    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Originally posted by HotStuff View Post
                      Will you still be able to get on the Vine?
                      Now that is a scary thought............
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

That is a scarey thought!!!

No, we're fine, we've got the broadband all sorted already. We do have a BT line (after a big battle), but we're not in a cable area.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                          See, now that's the bit that confuses me. Why does my dish point towards my neighbours house and not upwards to where the Sky is?
                          Because the astra dish's are in the van allan belt 22,000 miles above the equator not straight up and your dish is probably geting a signal just skimming your neighbours house.. jacob
                          What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                          Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

That is a scarey thought!!!

No, we're fine, we've got the broadband all sorted already. We do have a BT line (after a big battle), but we're not in a cable area.
                            Cant you put a satalite dish infront of the trees they dont need to be high up,my neighbours is about 6" frrom theground

Comment

OH has looked into it, and I think we'd have the same problem. It's certainly left us scratching our heads
                              Dont start at the front perhaps a dish down the garden at the rear of your new house set up far enough down the garden see if you can chat up one them chappies that drive around in them posh Skytv vans and ha could take his little meter down your rear garden and find a signal that way when needs must the devil drives....jacob
                              What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                              Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

...Coz we got two honkin' big trees infront of the house, which would totally block the dish's reception...
                                Put the dish, on a pole, up the top of the bladdy tree!

You may have to pay extra coz 'Elf n Safety'
                                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X