No announcement yet.

I Need A New Hobby

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have always wanted to have a go at the longbow, not the modern day fibreglass version but the real old yew bow.

in fact, that is now my aim for this year, sorry for the pun.
    Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
    Bob Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
      Debating, alternative therapies, book clubs, cookery - the world is your lobster!
      Ipswich - hmmm - there's always trainspotting!
      What could you mean???
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by its hilly View Post
        Hang-gliding, parachuting, go-karting, off piste snowboarding, camel trainer..
        Go on have some fun
        You've missed nude underwater bungee jumping.
        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
        Brian Clough

Comment

Bog snorkling ?
          Brian Clough

Comment

Matthew, there is a lovely place in Suffolk called Assington Mill, and they run all sorts of craft courses - even making buildings out of straw bales!! The numbers on each course are limited so you get plenty of personal attention from the tutors, its well worth it. We did the chicken keeping course with Francine Raymond.

INTRODUCTION | Assington Mill Art and Craft Courses
            Last edited by Pumpkin Becki; 15-03-2010, 09:51 AM.

Comment

What about gardening?
              I thoroughly recommend it. Its outdoors, keeps you fit and supple (not always the case first thing in the mornings I know) you get to eat what you grow, or look at it if you do flowery type stuff.
              Its brilliant!!
              Bob Leponge
              Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

I'm taking a day course in willow sculpture next weekend. Hoping to make baskets, plant wigwams and much, much more as they say!
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Why not photography??? You clearly enjoy being outdoors!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
                    What about gardening?
                    I thoroughly recommend it. Its outdoors, keeps you fit and supple (not always the case first thing in the mornings I know) you get to eat what you grow, or look at it if you do flowery type stuff.
                    Its brilliant!!
                    Damn, somebody got there before me

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
                      What about gardening?
                      Its brilliant!!
                      I have my allotment, and like that... that's a hobby for Sunday.

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Why not photography??? You clearly enjoy being outdoors!
                      That's already catered for through my design company I need a break from it all
                      All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
                      For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

Originally posted by kernowyon View Post
                        i have always wanted to have a go at the longbow, not the modern day fibreglass version but the real old yew bow.

in fact, that is now my aim for this year, sorry for the pun.
                        Until such time as you do - have a go at this:

Bow Master - Shoot 'Em Up Games at Miniclip.com - Play Free Games
                        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Have a look at your local college and see what evening classes they offer?

DH is making himself a longbow at the moment, it doesn't seem like a very relaxing hobby to me!!

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Originally posted by matthew2riches View Post
                            I have my allotment, and like that... that's a hobby for Sunday.
                            If I left my lottie fo Sunday only it would soon return to nature.
                            OK so I am retired but I need at least 4 days = 12 hours a week to keep it in order.
                            Brian Clough

Comment

OK... Blacksmithing is out the window. The noise is now coming back to me, roaring fire and lots of banging. The neighbors hated the cockerels so they'll hate that!

It has to be woodwork My hidden past... That's what I studied, it was fun then, I'm not an accurate person anymore. I used to love rulers, calculators and try squares. I've made cabinets before

Back to the stool to stew on the idea
                              All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
                              For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

How about stained glass, Matthew? Look at Monty's programme on that one too. It looks really fascinating.
                                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X