No announcement yet.

Bookmarks

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had loads of French and Belgian Franks left over when they changed to Euros so I laminated them with include some ribbon hanging out and use them as bookmarks.
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

I've always got a book on the go!
      I've been using ferry tickets until recently, and then when we moved out here, I found a little note left by my daughter, so I've been using that instead.

Receipts are pretty useful to have to hand in an emergency!!!!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by scarey55 View Post
        I had loads of French and Belgian Franks left over when they changed to Euros so I laminated them with include some ribbon hanging out and use them as bookmarks.

now THATS a good idea!!!!...I've got loads of lire!- they'd make a nice pressie and a sort of 'holiday feel' at the same time!

Comment

I did hear about the librarian who found a rasher of bacon being used as a bookmark. I think it was cooked.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

[QUOTE=Patchninja;627267]I did hear about the librarian who found a rasher of bacon being used as a bookmark. I think it was cooked.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

Sorry about that ! Can't work out how to do the most basic thing! Jeanid's comment made me spit out my coffee!

Comment

Mine is one Mr HF drew for me Christmas time, It was just a piece of paper now it is a treasure.

Comment

When ever I buy a book second hand I always flick through it just in case the original owner left something interesting in it!
                  The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                  Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                    When ever I buy a book second hand I always flick through it just in case the original owner left something interesting in it!
                    well...have you ever found anything???
                    I've only ever found a used flight ticket!

Comment

Ever heard of the "Left Book Club" buying one S/H a few years ago I found one of their original adverts/fliers from the 40s.
                      I gave it to a friend who collects left book club.
                      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                      Brian Clough

Comment

I have one I got free at an eco-type event. It's produced by the East Riding council's recycling group and is a bit jazzy and green so that when I drop it on the floor (regular occurrence whiile I'm reading) I can easily find it. It had a compost bin on it. Nice!
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

A peice of paper that came with the books, I reserved, with my name on.
                          Bye

PT

Carpe Diem

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow you have got to put up with the rain!

http://heifer73.blogspot.com/

Comment

Vary quite a lot, shamefully admit that at least one of the books I'm reading (always have 3 or 4 on the go) has the corner folded over, one is a hard back so am using the dust cover and one I have a scenerary shot bookmark of the Loften Islands from when I was there last year. Have a nice cat ones somewhere which I was given but guess that must be in a book on the shelves as I can't find it.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

If I like an author I buy their books hardback, and like Alison use the dust cover. For general reads and paperbacks I use old Christmas card fronts.

Comment

First suitable item to hand. Recently that has been one of those irritating cards the postman leaves when he can't be bothered to deliver a parcel! (actually our postie is pretty good, he knows where we prefer things left and does that, or leaves it next door, but we get a card then too. Mostly we get cards when it has to be signed for and no-one in next door)
                                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X