1 million signatures sought for GM moratorium

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by organic View Post
    Ginger - 10k in 3 hours? It's gathering some good momentum now.
    I still think it'll be more of an awareness campaign than any success in the EU policy arena... but it's good to see the numbers climbing.
    Ya never know organic...little people can sometimes move mountains.

Comment

And as ever - I live in hope... but with low expectations to cushion the blow.

Comment

Oh stuff it!
        I just brought the count up to 168,282 and am going to stick it on my never-really-used facebook page.

Comment

More meat is wasted due to animal disease which could have been treated with simple antibiotics...
          Just to come back to that... I'm not aware of anything in organic certification that bears that out.

Going on the very clear S.A. rules:
          A sick or injured animal must be treated immediately even if it means it loses organic status. Failing to do so can result in the prodcuer losing organic certification.
          Antibiotics can be used if trace element and complimentary treatments won't work.

The prohibitions are aginat dosing up with antibiotics as a precaution (which is a terrible idea anyway) or to increase growth or production.

The argument about meat being lost to disease because organic farming prevents antibiotic use is complete nonsense. Subject to the above clauses, animals can be treated with 3 courses of vetrinary medicine without losing organic status (one course if killed at under 1 year old) and at the start of the 4th (or second) course they lose organic status - but as above, must be treated under threat of losing certification altogether.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X