A perfect day.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A perfect day.

First day of spring and the sun shone in a perfectly blue sky all day today. In the afternoon saw my first clouds of midges. Is this early or what?
    Spent the whole day in the garden, the house work can wait until tomorrow. Roll on the warmer days. The temp reached 80deg in the conservatory today but needless to say when the sun went off it the heat level dropped. But, its a start. Anyone else have a good weather day today?

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

We had it sunny and warm between 11 and 2-ish after that it rained and hail stoned but I did get lots done in those few hours, so I'm not complaining.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Certainly have, been on a tour of second hand book shops and garden centres but only ended up with a 50p rose from a green grocers (bargain!) and another kitchen timer - this one in the shape of a ladybird (can't wait for the real thing).

Back to work tomorrow but only for 10 shifts before another week off - time for some serious gardening I hope!!
      The cats' valet.

Comment

It was a lovely sunny day, but going by the Calendar the "official" first day of Spring isn't until the 21st, which just happens to be my birthday
        There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

It has been gorgeous here too, warm, sunny all day and not too windy bliss
          Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

Sunny all day and dry (for a change). Bit chilly but lovely to be able to get out in the garden. Cleaned up another border, and the snowdrops have opened properly at last.

Comment

As my Grandmother used to say there there was enough blue sky to make a sailor a pair of trousers
              Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

What a lovely day here too, i got time to go down the lottie with my little lad for half an hour and a friend of mine just got half a plot on our site too.
                That makes four of us idiots now, roll on the summer bbq's
                The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
                VISIT MY WEBSITE TO HELP KEEP YOUR HANDS CLEAN AFTER A DAY ON THE PLOT
                http://www.thesoappatisserie.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by stella View Post
                  As my Grandmother used to say there there was enough blue sky to make a sailor a pair of trousers
                  When it was sunny an old friend of mine always used to say "there's enough blue to patch a Dutchman's trousers". Strange isn't it? Never did find out where she got that from.
                  There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Originally posted by stella View Post
                    It was "enough to patch a Monkey's trousers" in our household. But today I could have kitted an army of monkeys out in full blue uniform - with hats!
                    Gorgeous day. Beach with The Dog. Smell of cut grass from next door. Mum coming home from hospital after a four day stay for an infection - now cleared up. Don't get much better than that!
                    When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Worked today, but was straight down the plot as soon as I got home and cleaned out the chookies while they had a roam around the plot. Did a little bit of digging, almost finished the bit nearest the chook run. Aim this year is to clear one of the rough areas for spuds to help break it up a bit.
                      Kirsty b xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X