No announcement yet.

Shopping or putting away?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH 'doesn't know where things go' but he sure can find things to eat when he's peckish.

I do all the shopping myself too, because I found the road rage, the parking rage, and the trolley rage just too much
    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 20-02-2010, 07:16 PM.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I hate putting away as well.
      Hence the little agreement me and Andi have...I have to do the hateful job of shopping and he gets the fun job of putting it all away!
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        OH 'doesn't know where things go' but he sure can find things to eat when he's peckish.

I do all the shopping myself too, because I found the road rage, the parking rage, and the trolley rage just too much
        The "rages" are the main reasons I don't like shopping...........................but I will if pressed.
        Last edited by bubblewrap; 20-02-2010, 07:42 PM.
        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
        Brian Clough

Comment

I do the shopping and when i get home old gal marley do's the putting away while i take him in the corner a walk it works quite well....jacob
          What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
          Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Hate doing both! Thought about shopping online once a month until I saw DD's delivery arrive - it took ages to put everything away, horrendous.
            Life is too short for drama & petty things!
            So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by Comfreyfan View Post
              Thought about shopping online once a month until I saw DD's delivery arrive - it took ages to put everything away, horrendous.
              Ah, I would advocate ordering only frozen food one month. Cans the next.

lol

(I only use online if there's an offer, and then I only order the heavy stuff that is a struggle on my bike. Otherwise, it's 3 bags of shopping in the panniers, as and when)

Comment

I don't really mind either - shopping, I get to pick. Putting away, I get to put stuff where I know I can find it.

There are certain shops I'd rather be in than others, but I'm happy with the one home.
                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Oh dear, it looks like I'm the only odd-ball who actually LIKES putting stuff away!
                  My friend always shudders when she comes round for coffee as she says my cupboards are like a scene from "Sleeping With the Enemy". Can't help it, I like an orderly cupboard, plus I can tell at a glance what needs replacing, so I DON'T end up with seventeen cans of baked beans!
                  When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Originally posted by Creemteez View Post
                    my cupboards are like a scene from "Sleeping With the Enemy". Can't help it, I like an orderly cupboard
                    nothing wrong with that. I face up the supermarket shelves if I remove a can of something too

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCrow View Post
                      Is there any other way???
                      'Ramming it til it fits' is not a valid method of putting away the shopping!! He just won't learn that it makes me really grumpy!!

Originally posted by Creemteez View Post
                      I like an orderly cupboard, plus I can tell at a glance what needs replacing, so I DON'T end up with seventeen cans of baked beans!
                      Precisely my point too Creemteez

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                      nothing wrong with that. I face up the supermarket shelves if I remove a can of something too
                      Oh thank goodness! I thought I was the only one!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
                        'Ramming it til it fits' is not a valid method of putting away the shopping!! He just won't learn that it makes me really grumpy!!

My Bad
                        Last edited by zazen999; 21-02-2010, 06:34 PM.

Binley really does Know best!
                        G4-Meteorological mastermind! Stone/String it's all covered!
                        Jeanied- Makes your day complete!!
                        PB- Masteress of Pumpkins!

I Don't Know who Dave is...But he's one cool Dude!
                        I Once was a Tuber but with a little practice!!

Comment

cant stand it & Binley100 must have been listening to me chuntering around the supermarket every week
                          The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Originally posted by binley100 View Post
                            Neither.
                            You want a tin of baked beans so ;-
                            1. Off the shelf into the trolley
                            2. out the trolley onto the checkout .
                            3. off the checkout back into bag in trolley (obvoiusly you have more than one tin of BB's)
                            4. Bag out of trolley into car
                            5. bag out of car and into house.
                            6. Tin out of bag and into cupboard
                            7. Out of cupboard to be eaten
                            Now I'm sick of moving that tin of baked beans around.!
                            I'm sure you all use the bags for life and no carrier bags but for those who do you can add between 3 and 4

Carrier bag handle breaks and one can rolls under the car (this usually only happens when it rains so you have to kneel in a puddle to find it

5b. when you get home one of the bags has fallen over in the boot so you need to repack the bag again or take in each item seperately
                            Thought For The Day
                            If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
                            Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Comment

we do ours on line, after having my pick up bumped twice in my local tesco car park, cost me 400 pound for a new bumper last month, its worth paying the 5 pound they charge to deliver, my wife puts it away as i hate this. hate shopping, hate supermarkets, but most of all the clowns who cant reverse without hitting my pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCrow View Post

My Bad
                                Just be glad you don't live in my house DC. Its curtains for anyone who can't put things in their proper place!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X