No announcement yet.

Thank goodness its Saturday!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im sooo happy its the weekend, after working last weekend and all this week, which because i work shifts means for the past 7 days ive been up at 03:30am every day, im happy to be able to chill out and relax. Im off to wilkinson shortly to see what bargins i can pick up, im going to put my onion sets into compost today to start them off and i might go to the tip and get rid of some bit and bobs i have lying round, im also off tomorrow and Monday...Yay
    Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Had a lie in till 5.45 went and got the papers got breakfast read paper left for the lottie at 7.10, put the tiller over the ground and planted my first early's 10 Lady Christal 5 Manna and 15 International Kidney, ridges pulled up they are safe in the ground for at least the next six weeks, loosened a bit of ground ready for the peas and another piece for the carrots.

Comment

watching the ice skating and on here, having a peaceful day as HB is away for the day doing her junior leadership for Girls brigade, mum just popped in with some homemade soup, neighbour popped in to say he thinks he's found me a new car, seeing it tomorrow, can't get into the garden as we have had several days of hard frost and the ground is solid!

Comment

Have fed the birds, been to the big T and spent a lot (16 boxes of Whiskas doesn't come cheap), had lunch and will trot out to the greenhouses to sow some wildflower seeds in modules.

BTW Instore, having changed its name back to Poundstretcher Extra have their gardening stuff in now and the shuttle trays are cheaper than last year - back to £1.99 each (last year 2.49).
          The cats' valet.

Comment

I've cleaned and refilled the bird feeders - OH has been in charge while I've been ill, but he's away today - I wondered why they hadn't been eating the new feed, turns out it was one solid mouldy lump of bird seed porridge - guess OH just looked to see if they needed topping up
            (Just hope the neighbours didn't notice when I overbalanced into the back of the border)
            Life is too short for drama & petty things!
            So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

They will just think you have had one over the eight, Comfreyfan - hope you didn't hurt yourself.
              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Well I cleaned out the chickens' house. We had 3 eggs in the morning yesterday and the last one was laid at lunchtime. I decided after collecting 3 eggs at about 9.0 a.m. that Garnet would miss a day. I shifted the nest box (external but it unbolts and lifts away) and cleared all out and scrubbed. I left the nest box on its side to dry.

Meanwhile I potted up the toms and chillies and planted the shallots. Noticed Garnet scrabbling in the corner of the house - very sunny in there! Poor little soul was trying to find a corner to lay her egg! I finished drying the next box indoors with a hair dryer, re-assembled it all and filled it with Easibed. She rushed in with her legs crossed and laid the 4th egg of the day!

And my Kent Blue peas (Ta, Muckdiva!) are coming through. They were sent to me 2 years ago and I only sowed them on Wednesday (after soaking overnight.) Even though I'm retired, Saturdays still seem different.
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

UMMM slept till 12.30. well I didnt get to bed till 7.15am. Went into town with OH, had lunch, did a couple of deliveries to customers who were in. Had a cup of tea. Tired now and could do with a kip but then I wont sleep tonight.
                  Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                  and ends with backache

Comment

Had a good productive day at the allotment working in the sunshine and snow!
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Been cooking all day, to feed 8 13-year old lads after they spent the afternoon paintballing. I just about managed to fill them!! I'm absolutely exhausted now, and have just had a phone call to say we have visitors on the way... Better have some coffee or something, or I'm going to be snoring in their face

Comment

Bean woke up at 5, so I went through to get him, brought him back in with us, LadyWayne gave him a bottle and he went back to sleep until 7. Trouble is, I started to think about work and couldn't settle.

Came downstairs whilst LW grabbed another couple of hours - so I went about my chores getting things set for when LW's family came round. I cooked roast beef and all the bits.

Just ordered a curry and looking forward to a day at the plot tomorrow (after doing some bits in the garden at home) as LW is going to the Baby Show to have a snoop round.

Found that most of my onions in the mini greenhouse are either dead or dying - not sure if it's damping off or just cold, but there's some white fluffy mould and some of the previously green shoots are now black. Good job I bought some spring sets last weekend.
                        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Up at five for work. Home for nine. Sorted Mum out breakfast-wise, fed Humungus Rabbit and Guinea-pig Wayne (sorry HW, named him before I joined the vine - no connection). Took Beau for short walk. Ate toast. Spent day till 4.30 helping Mr Teez paint the ceiling of our next door neighbours hall (upstairs and down).
                          Came home. Had bath. Ate homemade Leek and Stilton Quiche. Messed about on 'pooter.
                          GOING DOWN TO THE PUB FOR WELL EARNED DRINK!
                          Seeya!
                          When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X