No announcement yet.

24 Hr Care For My Lovely Dad.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For your Lovely Dad to have earned so much love and respect from his 2 Lovely Daughters he must also have been a Good Dad. You two have made the very hard decision to keep him safe from harm. Well done.

Comment

My mum was put into a beautiful home, she had dementia for over 20 years. She had her own possessions around her and her own room. There was a lovely secure garden to sit in in the summer.

When she was first in there, she thought she was working there as she had been a senior nurse. Within reason they let her get on with it.

After a few years the home changed hands, although Mummy was settled there and happyish. They built over the garden. She had got to the stage by then that she didn't notice.

She was cared for and comfortable, the staff were lovely. Don't feel guilty, to put it bluntly, myself and my siblings couldn't have looked after her as well. We were all still bringing up our own children and we wouldn't have coped with my mum, our own children and the need to earn a living.
      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
      Oxfordshire

Comment

I bet your dad loves it in that home Ginger & is enjoying the company, at least you know he is happy & safe & you can have a little peace of mind.
        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Big hugs to you, your sister and your dad.
          Izi.

Comment

Your dad is definitely in a happy place Ginger, both geographically and mentally. I know you'll visit often. You're in my thoughts.
            Flo x
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

It is now quite a while since my Dad's funeral (19 years in fact). Mum not only didn't recognise me (I had been living the other end of the country for a few years, but it was only a couple of years since I had visited), but didn't understand that he was gone.
              These things are always upsetting.
              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X