No announcement yet.

Warning and remnder!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the free version of Avast too- recommended by my son-in-law - computer software engineer.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

A while ago there was a similar thread and (I think) Sarzwiz had problems with her paypal account. Ever since then I keep changing all my passwords - my problem is remembering them!
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I've often had emails 'from ebay' about items I was supposely selling. When I go to ebay, it isn't in the message folder. These days I just delete them!
        Never had any actual problem.
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Well, have downloaded and ran scan but it didn't show anything other than tracking cookies so don't know if this is good or bad. Good 'cos there's no nasties but bad 'cos it looks like someone has probably hacked into laptop. It's a scary world we're living in!!
          Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Originally posted by lettucegrow! View Post
            Well, have downloaded and ran scan but it didn't show anything other than tracking cookies so don't know if this is good or bad. Good 'cos there's no nasties but bad 'cos it looks like someone has probably hacked into laptop. It's a scary world we're living in!!
            no its not good the programme you downloaded will pick up any viruses, your computer will be clean, but as you say someone has hacked your account, silly question here but have you used another computer recently to check your ebay account.

Comment

No it's OH account and he only uses his laptop to do anything on the internet. He hasn't contacted ebay yet but is not at work tomorrow so will probably do it then. Today has been a bit of a lazy day, nurturing a bit of a hangover! It was a good night last night!
              Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

yer contact ebay and change your ebay password. there is a programme called dictionary wich hackers use, all they need is any account name then use this programme to brake your password it puts random names into the password box , if you have weak password eg a persons name etc it will be easy for dictionary to brake, so make your password strong use upper case !$%&@ and lower case use numbers and random letters make it as long as poss. make sure you note it though.

Comment

This is what annoys me about online shopping and the details that can be found and quite possibly used by the seemingly 'easy' task.

Just placed my seed order with Moles online but paid over the phone, less likely to reveal any seriously personal info
                  All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
                  For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X