No announcement yet.

RIP Alexander McQueen

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another very sad loss to the fashion world.

Comment

I'm not as up to date with The World of Fashion as I once was,but you could hardly miss him...he had a great talent and had that little,or big something that made him stand out.
      It's a sad loss for Fashion but also a sadder loss for those around him.So tragic to feel so desperate.

RIP x
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Such a shame, I don't really 'get' haute couture, but some of his clothes were lovely.
        Lets hope the media leave his family in peace to come to terms with their loss.
        Kirsty b xx

Comment

I never met Lee McQueen himself, but one of his staff (knitwear designer) came to our college to teach us for a module: that caused a LOT of excitement in the college.

He was an inspiration to thousands of fashion students: he was born in a council house, had one O-level but heaps of talent. He championed disabled model Aimee Mullins, he said what he thought, and he allegedly wrote something very, very rude in the lining of one of Prince Charles's suits. What a star.

Unfortunately he was also responsible for all those young girls wearing their trousers so low you could see their thongs, sadly.

Sadly missed.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I don't get high fashion at all, seems a total waste of money to me so don't feel any sadness for the fashion world. However, anybody being so depressed about the death of a close family member to take their own life (which I understand was the case, sorry if this is wrong) is a very sad state of affairs.
            Last edited by Alison; 12-02-2010, 01:58 PM.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
              What i saw on the news tonight beauty is in the eye of the beholder but i surpose he kept a lot of spoilt women in bragging rights...jacob
              Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
              I did not comment his death sad as it was it was the fashions on the skinny bags of bones called models that i commented on and it was my opinion only on what i saw on the news this evening..jacob

I personally think your 1st comment was inappropriate, I don't give a flying f*** about fashion but I will hopefully never go through what he did after his mother passed away, but you don't know do you?

Danny
              Cheers

Danny

Comment

Oh no you're not alone at all. What a very sad end to such a magnificent talented person & such a good soul. He must have really missed his Mum, we only ever get one of those you know.

Comment

I was very sad, the poor chap, he must of been very close to his mother. Tragic and so young. From what I have read he had working class roots and worked extremely hard to get where he did, what a waste of talent and dedication to his craft.
                  ( Jacob, the bags of bones models is another matter -I know what you mean but lets start a new thread for that one and ban victoria Beckham whilst we are at it - what a poor role model.....)
                  Last edited by petal; 13-02-2010, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X