No announcement yet.

Valentine's Day, What Are You Doing??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be seeing if I can fill a pint glass with my own tears after the card companies rub it in to us singletons for another consecutive year.

\/ Please deposit sympathy here \/
    Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
    Snadger - Director of Poetry
    RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
    Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
    Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
    piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Oh dear! Mr DDL has arranged for us to go to a dinner and "turn" at the Golf Club. Very nice says I. "Is it for anything special?"!!!!
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
        I'll be seeing if I can fill a pint glass with my own tears after the card companies rub it in to us singletons for another consecutive year.

\/ Please deposit sympathy here \/
        Silly boy. I shed no tears over you. When Valentine's arrow strikes that is when I will shed tears cos from then on your life will not be your own. Whilst you do not want to share you will be alone.

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
          Some couples don't have time to do special things on random occasions, or circumstances dictate that they can't so it's good to have a day when it's ok to do it!
          The things I find most special are the little things like coming home after OH has gone out and finding a note from him to say he loves me, the noticing that I'm tired and making me a cup of tea etc etc. None of these cost much time or money but mean more than anything to me.

Originally posted by bramble View Post
          but when all is said and done there's not many days in the year to give your loved a card
          You can send a card any day of the year, don't even have to buy one can make one with a big soppy heart on the front if you want. OH was clearing out some cupboards the other day and found a card I'd given him after a row years ago to say I was sorry and with the pledge of plenty of hugs.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
            Silly boy. I shed no tears over you. When Valentine's arrow strikes that is when I will shed tears cos from then on your life will not be your own. Whilst you do not want to share you will be alone.
            Boo! I want my sympathy!
            Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
            Snadger - Director of Poetry
            RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
            Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
            Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
            piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
              The things I find most special are the little things like coming home after OH has gone out and finding a note from him to say he loves me, the noticing that I'm tired and making me a cup of tea etc etc. None of these cost much time or money but mean more than anything to me.

You can send a card any day of the year, don't even have to buy one can make one with a big soppy heart on the front if you want. OH was clearing out some cupboards the other day and found a card I'd given him after a row years ago to say I was sorry and with the pledge of plenty of hugs.
              So happy for you Alison. We have been married for nearly 54 yrs and I have never been made to feel special.

Comment

We have been married for nearly 54 yrs and I have never been made to feel special.
                Brengirl your very special to us. ((((((((((BIG HUG)))))))) for you from me. xx

And Ollie, your embedded in the vine ladies hearts, so that makes you special as well.

Comment

So happy for you Alison. We have been married for nearly 54 yrs and I have never been made to feel special.
                  That's really sad, I know I'm lucky with my OH but I wouldn't have married him if I didn't feel like that and still do (most of the time!) after 12 years of marriage. Sometimes we both get it wrong but so long as you're both trying then that's part of life.

Not really the place to talk about it but does your OH know that you feel like that or are you just a bit down today - don't mean that to sound flippant but didn't know how else to word

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

That's really sad, I know I'm lucky with my OH but I wouldn't have married him if I didn't feel like that and still do (most of the time!) after 12 years of marriage. Sometimes we both get it wrong but so long as you're both trying then that's part of life.

Not really the place to talk about it but does your OH know that you feel like that or are you just a bit down today - don't mean that to sound flippant but didn't know how else to word
                    No problem Alison. My man is one of little words but is sincere and I know he loves me. Maybe I should tell him more often what he means to me. End of.

Comment

No problem Alison. My man is one of little words but is sincere and I know he loves me. Maybe I should tell him more often what he means to me. End of.
                      That's OK, was a bit worried about you there but it's more important to have somebody you know loves you but never really says it than one of those flash types who showers you with gifts and words but has no meaning behind them. Sounds like your OH is more in the former camp which is no bad thing and has probably helped you stay together so long

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
                        We wont go out on the night, I have got sick of being asked to leave by a certain time (double sittings) and then being told it's our special valentines menu - yeah right - I worked in an old, beautiful and posh hotel, I know how these things work.....they work their menu to fit in with bums on seats, quick turn around- more in, more out method. Its always a reduced menu, though they call this the "special Valentines menu"- They keep it simple (more in, more out again!)
                        So we will wait, maybe a romantic candle lit carpet feast of cheeses and a lovely wine on the night! cards and little gifts, hugs and kisses.
                        I love it, I love all the 'traditions' just dont like being ripped off or duped with- its "our special Valentines package" and we need the table back by 8pm! - takes away the romance somewhat
                        Yeah but - it all 2's with the odd 4 maybe, if Restaurateurs treated it like any other day then filling up a restaurant with just couples would mean a serious loss of money, we used to do a Valentine menu and it wasn't done on bums on seats it was themed on Valentines and lurve but we did need the table back in 2 hours , which gave the first date females more than enough time to empty their partners wallets , and the longer term relationships had run out of conversation by the end of the main course

Comment

Very true Alison. Our lives have had there ups and downs but we have both remained steadfast. We now enjoy the harvest of a united family...Exits right with tears.

Comment

I particularly disagree that 14th Feb is the most romantic day of the year.
                            Me too, for one thing it's too naffing cold to get romantic. Winceyette nighty and hot water bottle for me

I have made a gesture though: I've bought and wrapped us both a present (well he wouldn't bother, but he'd get the hump if I didn't)
                            Last edited by Two_Sheds; 09-02-2010, 08:37 AM.
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by TEB View Post
                              we did need the table back in 2 hours , which gave the first date females more than enough time to empty their partners wallets
                              Girls on first dates don't eat, they just push lettuce round the plate
                              Last edited by Two_Sheds; 09-02-2010, 08:43 AM.
                              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                                Girls on first dates don't eat, they just push lettuce round the plate
                                Not many calories in champagne

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X