Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would have done the same, Bren!

Comment

I would bags-eye first dibs on the liver. Venison liver is out of this world!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Must add that the driver of our car took control of the situation. Once we knew that the deer was indeed dead and still warm (ouch) he did what was necessary. btw he wasn't interested in the offal so I said yes please!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
          Must add that the driver of our car took control of the situation. Once we knew that the deer was indeed dead and still warm (ouch) he did what was necessary. btw he wasn't interested in the offal so I said yes please!!
          What time can I come round for dinner?
          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

As someone said, there's nowt wrong with roadkill - and if you eat it with enjoyment and respect you are honouring its life.

Comment

You didn't hit it (strictly speaking if the person who was driving and hit the beast takes it home, that counts as poaching. If someone else takes it, that is OK).
              We've had several pheasant suppers much the same way, and a deer (now long eaten). My daughter was in the 'next car' and since they hadn't got a freezer, she brought it to us. She and I did the necesary preparation (we both have some experience of the skills) and we shared the meat. Her husband was mildly horrified, but he co-operated, as long as he didn't need to actually help!
              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Quite right to put it in the freezer and eat it . Otherwise its just wasted .
                You were not the cause of the death of the deer but made the best of a bad situation.If you hadn't taken it it would have died at the side of the road and either been eaten by animals or gathered up by the council and dumped as by then it would have been unusable.
                There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Originally posted by beefy View Post
                  Quite right to put it in the freezer and eat it . Otherwise its just wasted .
                  You were not the cause of the death of the deer but made the best of a bad situation.If you hadn't taken it it would have died at the side of the road and either been eaten by animals or gathered up by the council and dumped as by then it would have been unusable.
                  That, after reflection. is how I feel beefy. Some of the dismembered parts are hanging in the garage. I have this evening boned the haunch and frozen it. The shanks have been slow cooked and the bits and pieces rendered for a pie. Not quite sure I will enjoy eating it but have enjoyed the preparing.

Comment

If you are not going to enjoy eating I will have it
                    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                      If you are not going to enjoy eating I will have it
                      Somehow wish we could all meet up and enjoy. What a night that would be!

Comment

Next time I'm in Launceton (spelling?) (down the A30) I 'll call in . I won't feel guilty about helping you eat it.
                        Last edited by beefy; 08-02-2010, 11:00 PM.
                        There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Even speaking as a vegetarian, you did the right thing - hope you enjoy it (yes,I know other veggies might think it's odd of me to say that, but I come from a long line of country/farming folk, and even went out with a gamekeeper once ).
                          Last edited by pipscariad; 08-02-2010, 11:03 PM. Reason: Blinking sticking keys on OH's laptop!
                          Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

I have no ethics about eating meat but I don't dwell on it. However I much prefer stodgy carbohydrates like mashed potatoes, cheese, nuts, butter cream and not forgetting bread and peanut butter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X