what breed of dog do you have?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NSB View Post
    yeh im am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo desperate for one. we both work full time thats what is stopping us. otherwise id have one tomorrow.

we've looked round rspca places, they are all big dogs that we get to see
    If you read some of my other posts you'll see that we are very, very lucky to have our next door neighbour, (though Ive known her as long as Ive known Mr DDL) Margaret, otherwise known as Aunty Margaret. She is a god send. She looks after Dexy while we are at work. (and spoils him rotten!) If we didn't have Margaret we couldnt have Dexy.
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I have a scabby old mongrel, x between a German Shepherd and an elephant I think, but he is, as Bernie said, one of the best things that ever happened to me.
      He was rescued from death row in Sheffield and has helped me through a divorce, 2 long term and several short term relationships, 2 house moves, an emigration (he now barks in 2 languages) and in all that time has only ever given me unconditional love.
      I would only get a rescue dog, as I hate seeing them in their compounds, abandoned, and if you go to look round, your dog will choose you.

Good luck, if you have time to give, getting a dog will be one of the best things you ever do.
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

I need an aunty margaret as well pleaseeeeeeeeeee.

I wondered what happens to those puppies that are left in the litter and the owner doesnt want them!

Comment

Ours is a rescue pup too, German Shepherd crossed with muppet I think
          Urban Escape Blog

Comment

If you really want to have a dog share your life and your home go to the local dog rescue home and have a walk round and look in the pens with all the dogs that want homes and come away from there without a tear in your eyes you are the right person .
            I did that when i lost Chip my Weimaraner+Collie dog and mate of 14 years i went to the RSPCA kennels in Coventry and upset myself that much i could not go back very upsetting.
            I did not go back because Old Gal Marley found me a belgian Collie we was not going to have another big dog a Jack Russel we thought and then along came Sheba like a big black wooly German Shepherd a mate for another twelve years and then along came him in the corner the friendliest dog that we have had all dogs are different Chip was the bravest dog that we have but a bit tasty withh strangers . Sheba was the best for Rabbiting but she did not like men only women and him in the corner is just my mate and everybodys mate as well....jacob
            Last edited by jacob marley; 29-01-2010, 08:50 PM.
            What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
            Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Originally posted by NSB View Post
              my OH had a staffy first time i stayed over at his house i slept on the floor as I went to the loo in the night went back in the bedroom and his staffy was on my side sorry his side of the bed. Two's company three's a crowd!!!!!!!

It did take me a few months to realise he is a pussy cat and his stare is scary he is a baby really

A month or so after getting "my baby" me and the wife were in bed cuddling and "my baby" growled and went at my wife, anyway a slap later and it hasn't happened since (5 years)

That said when "my baby" is on my lap she looks at my wife with a great "two fingers up" expression on her face
              Cheers

Danny

Comment

These are our two. Big Bob is a cross flat coat retriever - collie, and Jake is a cross Springer Spaniel - collie. Both were rescue dogs. Got Bob at 8 weeks, he's a honey, amazing nature, just adorable. Got Jake at about a year old, he had been badly abused so is a bit of a special needs dog sometimes, but soft as putty really and just a little loving soul. Wouldn't know where I'd be without them.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mac View Post
                  These are our two. Big Bob is a cross flat coat retriever - collie, and Jake is a cross Springer Spaniel - collie. Both were rescue dogs. Got Bob at 8 weeks, he's a honey, amazing nature, just adorable. Got Jake at about a year old, he had been badly abused so is a bit of a special needs dog sometimes, but soft as putty really and just a little loving soul. Wouldn't know where I'd be without them.
                  Bless, they are lovely! They have the same beautiful eyes.
                  If Dexy carries on barking at the moon, he may be given away to a good home...............only joking!
                  Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

He can come and visit my boys if he wants. Jake loves a good excuse (or no excuse at all) for a good bark!

Comment

We have a Ludo - he has been described as a 'luxury rat'. I can't fault the miniature dachshund temperament wise. They will bite if provoked but by heck it takes a lot of provoking. Ludo joined our family when younger son was 4 and has been superb. He adores children and respects the chooks. I have always had mini dachshunds and we also used to breed scottish deerhounds (yes there is a slight size difference). Aranthos (elder son) and one of our deerhounds grew up together and Aranthos still misses Beag who left us when he was only seven.
                      Happy Gardening,
                      Shirley

Comment

I have two Basset Hounds, Bertie and Phoebe. They are my constant companions. Even the lottie has a special area that is fenced off and covered in bark (no pun intended) chippings where they can be safe when we visit.

To me there is no better smell than that of 'wet dog' when you've come in from a walk in the rain toweled them dry and they are warming themselves by the fire.
                        It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

We had a rescued Golden Retriever until last November - the place hasn't been the same since. Yes the place is cleaner and tidier without him, and quieter - but there's still a big hole.

This weekend we are dog-sitting for two youngsters - it won't be a quiet weekend!
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Broadway, who stuc up the 2 fingers the wife or the dog...... the dog

Comment

My two are the most loving things that I could ever imagine - we have just been having a cuddle on the bed because OH is at work. Boots is a 2 year old English Springer Spaniel, he is adorable but would sell his soul for a ball, and has the attitude "why walk when you can CHARGGGEEE!". He is currently laid on my leg as he can't bear to sit on his own. He is incapable of keeping clean and regularly covers me, the house and anything else he comes into contact with MUD!! If a stranger looks at him and makes an approach for a fuss without his permission, he does a scardy cat wee wee..

Sprocket is 4 and is a Spring-Board (Springer/ Collie x) - very very intelligent but very sensitive. She also likes a cuddle and is very much a Mummys dog. She is now quite calm but when I picked her out of the kennels the first thing she did was stick her teeth in my neck in excitement...she was wild.

Both dogs are rescued by SYESSR from death row and have made the best friends ever. Saying that Spaniels should come with a health warning - be prepared to walk, walk and play. They get a minimum of 5 miles split over two walks on open country and spend the time chasing a ball or a frisbee. If they miss a walk then they are a nightmare. Neither of mine bark but the Springer next door (never goes out of the yard) barks day and night. Springers have no on off switch and are permanently stupid.

Having two dogs was the best thing we ever did, Boots worships Sprocket and they keep eachother company and are always playing together.

My OH and I work shifts and rarely work at the same time so they don't get left for more than a couple of hours - when we do they go to "Grandma" and spend the day being pampered and playing with the cat.
                              Karen

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
                              Even a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step!

Comment

We have Boo, a beautiful Boxer. She is so tolerant and loving and bearing in mind she has been brought up with kids who can't leave anything alone she is very gentle, especially with toddlies. She was supposed to be 'his' dog, but she's been a mama's girl since her second night in the house.
                                She was asleep on his chest, until I said goodnight. Then she hopped off him and followed mummy - he was right disgusted I can tell you!!
                                Kirsty b xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X