No announcement yet.

bad snow in north east of scotland

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in Aberdeen and it's been snowing. My road was skiddy, the main roads weren't too bad this morning.

I managed to get out to Westhill, where I work. However, the snow's quite heavy and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we get told we can go home early.

For those who know the area:
    It said this morning on the radio that there'd been loads of accidents on the A90 between Laurencekirk and Aberdeen, the Kintore road is closed and the traffic was backing up on the A(96?) round Inverurie - esp bad at Tyrebagger.

How are people in the area doing?

Comment

Down here is Essex it's been raining most of the morning, but we've just had a snow shower! It lasted about five minutes, now the sun is out - I don't understand it. I love snow, but we're still water-logged from the last lot.
      Last edited by Glutton4...; 29-01-2010, 02:12 PM.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Roads were very dodgy this morning-black ice covered by some snow.Had the same last week-OH had to come to my rescue after ending up in the ditch.Car has the front bumper broken but it has a life sentence with me so it doesn't really matter

Comment

Its lovely and sunny here but blooming cold and windy.
          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
          and ends with backache

Comment

Hi again...still at home, it's been blizzarding on and off up here most of the day now. Not lying deep as it's that silly little snow, but visibility goes right down when it's swirling about in the strong wind. I heard that the Police had parked lorries on the inside lane between Stoney and Laurencekirk and that a few cars had gone off at the Muchalls bend. Ellon was at a standstill and folk from Peterhead were just turning back. A friend manged to get from Blackburn to Aberdeen, up over the Tyrebagger but said it was pretty scary - and she drives a Discovery! No fun at all, and think it'll get worse when the sun and temperatures go down again....

Comment

Its like we are in 2 different continents, here in North London, the rain has stopped and it is sunny!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

not nice at all its been snowing on and off most of the day.
                ive emailled the council and complained again as the whole village has 1 grit bin this is the third time in 2 months i have complained.
                It is meant to snow over the weekend....not good as it looks like hubbys coming down with the flu again...grrrr

Comment

Originally posted by Dane End Dolly View Post
                  Its like we are in 2 different continents, here in North London, the rain has stopped and it is sunny!!!!!!!!!!
                  Snowed hard here for half an hour, and I am further south than you!! Roll on Spring!
                  WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

lovely sunny morning here although we did have rain and hail showers in the afternoon. Now its a beautiful clear frosty night.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

We were in Camden this morning, very sunny with a dusting of snow. Got to Norfolk and there's snow everywhere. 2 inches on the back lawn

The new boiler broke down (again!) while we were away, so the house (and parrots) are freezing.
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Snow here last night (about an inch and a half). Few more flurries during the day but has melted a bit. Now it's getting dark and very cold so what's left will probably freeze.

Comment

more snow today. My OH got stuck up in Moray last night after her shift (a cop), thankfully another cop put her up and she'd taken spare clothes in the car. She's back on duty now until 3am so don't know if she'll get back after that as the forecast isn't great. This weather officially sucks....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X