No announcement yet.

eek..... how do i tell them?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope not lying or economical with truth either as nobody has asked, what they don't know don't hurt them - they aren't green today are they????????? or sprouting weird armourlike patches on their skin
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Definitely don't tell them, til they are old and grey and then they won't care!

Comment

Everyones fine this morning, i have kept it to myself...... they going to wonder why i've thrown the remainder in the bin though. Maybe i'll just say i've frozen whats left...... i have had a read up about them and they are harmless to the health so thats put my mind at rest a bit.

Comment

You...were...going...to...throw...it...away?!

Noooooooo. I'd have cried. I'm so glad it went to use. I'd have gladly eaten it.
          Even if the beetle was poisonous, diluted in so much soup it wouldn't have done any harm, and as far as I know there are no poisonous beetles.
          Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
          Snadger - Director of Poetry
          RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
          Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
          Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
          piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

If your lot are anything like mine they would never ever let you live this down. Staying schtum is definitely the way to go!
            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
              as far as I know there are no poisonous beetles.
              well, that made me wonder, so I had to look it up (not to prove you wrong, just was interested)
              "Many beetle species, including ladybirds, blister beetles, and lycid beetles can secrete distasteful or toxic substances to make them unpalatable or even poisonous"
              Wikipedia
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Nah - wait a week then tell 'em!
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Sorry I had to laugh, I'd have said a definite NOOOOOO You didn't mean to leave it for them after all.
                  I have a friend who made her ex husband a hot curry out of a tin of moldy dog food when she found out he'd been playing away from home, and I don't mean Football. She DID mean to feed it to him.

Comment

ollie it wasn't just 1 beetle..... it was about 100 teeny tiny ones!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by veggielover View Post
                      ollie it wasn't just 1 beetle..... it was about 100 teeny tiny ones!!!!
                      I'd have eaten it AFTER you told me what they were.

Maybe I'm just a freak.
                      Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                      Snadger - Director of Poetry
                      RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                      Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                      Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                      piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

I was having soup as I was reading this.
                        Almost put me off, but not quite.
                        You must never tell or they will never feel the same way about your soup again.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't have worried about it. I've had flour weevils more times that I can count and I always use the flour to make bread or cakes. I'd have wasted sooooooo much flour if I didn't!!!

Hmmm, perhaps there's another reason why home-made bread tastes better...

Comment

That has made me laugh out loud I wouldn't tell them but I would like to be there to see you squirming when they ask why you haven't had any ?????
                            Then you say " well I am not hungry " and then they finish the rest off in front of you ! !!!!!!
                            I would laugh all day long !
                            The link to my old website with vegetable garden and poultry photographs

http://www.m6jdb.co.uk

Comment

Be careful after you have had a few drinks not to blurt it out

Comment

I was going to say don't tell them either unless you're fond of cleaning the toilet out after they've been ill into it!
                                Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X