No announcement yet.

Monty on t'elly

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really enjoyed watching Monty back on tv, looking more relaxed than on GW. Should be a good series. Also thoroughly enjoyed reading his book; 'The Ivington Diaries'.
    Really great gardens seem to teeter on the edge of anarchy yet have a balance and poise that seem inevitable. Monty Don in Gardening Mad

Comment

Originally posted by sagegreen View Post
      Also thoroughly enjoyed reading his book; 'The Ivington Diaries'.
      Excellent book wasn't it
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

Oh b*****r only just seen this, missed it. I was working anyway, but I could have recorded it. Hmmm wonder if I can get it on the PC player .....
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

WELCOME BACK MONTY...simply great

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
            Oh b*****r only just seen this, missed it. I was working anyway, but I could have recorded it. Hmmm wonder if I can get it on the PC player .....
            Just for you Florence.

My Dream Farm - 4oD - Channel 4
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Ahh thank you so much BM, you've made my day
              Flo x
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Monty was fabulous, a good presenter.

Comment

Did you watch it again last night. I thought the fella was very tallented.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

I watched it last night, Monty was great as usual and the guy was talented...but what a prat, boy he got on my wick he needed a dam good kick up the HEN HUT so to speak, and the prices..£1000 pound for a small hen hut, OWCH, not many peeps could afford that, but his pigs were cute.

Comment

Say it how it is GN...........

Comment

His (Monty's) forthright 'get a job' attitude was spot on in my view.

I truly admire people who follow their dreams, but most of these 'self-sufficient' people aren't quite ready for it, they are following a dream and there is nothing wrong with that, so long as 'you' can afford it.

As to the pricey huts, I'm sure there will be someone out there with lots of money - an MP with an expense claim to get rid of maybe
                        aka
                        Suzie

Comment

Watched this last night! He gave them some good advice.............especially about forgetting smallholding in their instance as a business!

PS Whatever happened to having a costed business plan?
                          Last edited by Snadger; 29-01-2010, 10:46 AM.
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                            Say it how it is GN...........
                            Yup..can ya tell am from Yorkshire BM??.

I also think peeps that follow a dream are brave, and are deserving of peoples admiration for going for it so to speak, but it was all the dithering and prattling about he did that did my head in, I felt Poor Monty was banging his head against a brick wall with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                              Did you watch it again last night. I thought the fella was very tallented.
                              He had to charge so much for his coops because he spent far too much time dithering around and fannying on to make it cost effective. No thought was given to flat packing for delivery either.
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Well in the end he did tell him to get a day job which I thought was a brave & honest thing to say to someone who obviously wanted to make a go of it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X