Bum pains!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
    I admit I haven't been able to bring myself to try it out yet.
    Perhaps when i get home.

Just don't try it out in the toilets - it may be a quiet place but....no, just don't!

Comment

Another good exercise is to clench/relax..clench/relax said muscles. It is possible to do this without staring into space with your mouth open. Just be prepared for a few odd looks!

Comment

Leg lunges will give your buttocks a bit of a stretch. The discreet way (at work) would be to climb the stairs 2 at a time
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          Leg lunges will give your buttocks a bit of a stretch. The discreet way (at work) would be to climb the stairs 2 at a time
          Or three for some of us.

The stretch kirstyb's mentioned is one I was given by my osteopath, but I do mine laying on my back. Trying to get your left knee toward your left shoulder, and vice versa with the other leg. You do feel it in yer butt!
          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Yoga is the perfect gardening exercise... keeps you supple (and strong) all over..

I use it to supplement running... it makes a difference to your stress levels as well.

It's hard to worry when you are standing on your head.

Comment

I bought one of those mini trampoline/rebounder its really good fun to bounce around on when raining out and i don't fancy cycling or walking.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Cleared out the loft yesterday. As my poor OH has done her back in she couldn't take that passa-upper postion at the bottom of the ladder as observed by Michael McIntyre . Result is a free step aerobics lesson for me!

Comment

Originally posted by stupot View Post
                  Result is a free step aerobics lesson for me!
                  Oh dear stupot, are you suffering today too?

Comment

One good exercise for bum muscles is the simple bum-walk. Sit upright with legs nearly-straight in front of you, then shift weight onto one cheek and twist just enough to bring the other side forwards a few inches, repeat to other side. With practice you can 'walk' across the living-room in a couple of minutes, but you only need to do as much as you can manage comfortably.
                    Gentler exercise is often the best treatment for the after-effects of working a bit harder than you are used to.
                    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

***wonders if Ollie is currently upside down, doing lunges, clenching and releasing whilst drinking a hot cup of Tai Chi***
                      Last edited by Pumpkin Becki; 18-01-2010, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
                        ***wonders if Ollie is currently upside down, doing lunges, clunching and releasing whilst drinking a hot cup of Tai Chi***
                        Nah, feet up on sofa eating home made crunchies.

Comment

What makes you bad makes you better. Get the other compost heap emptied out soon!
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

You haven't got siatica have you? As that manifests itself in those particular muscles sometimes!
                            When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
                              Try a 'Downward Facing Dog' yoga position - its superb for your back, thighs calves and butt

http://www.tracis.info/tracis.info.p...Svanasana).jpg
                              Dexter says he wished he'd known about this last weekend when he pulled a muscle in his leg.
                              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                                One good exercise for bum muscles is the simple bum-walk. Sit upright with legs nearly-straight in front of you, then shift weight onto one cheek and twist just enough to bring the other side forwards a few inches, repeat to other side. With practice you can 'walk' across the living-room in a couple of minutes, but you only need to do as much as you can manage comfortably.
                                Gentler exercise is often the best treatment for the after-effects of working a bit harder than you are used to.
                                Also great if you have piles and .................just.................can't................quite.................get.................that........................itch
                                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X