Let down by Amazon!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ringo Grumio Nibbler View Post
    Awe, dinnit be telling me that man. My Amazon wish list, of books suggested on here, has already been emailed to family. Birthday on Friday.
    You'll (should be) fine RGN, I have bought sooo many books from them, never (yet!) had a single problem. Positive thinking young man
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

Want me to pay them a visit Snadge. There's one of their huge warehouses just 15 minutes up the M1 from here.

Have to say, they've always been very good for me.
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Maybe the suppliers have gone bust in the last couple of weeks - sadly it's not an uncommon thing these days

Comment

I'm not amazed by Amazon either. I've had things on order for weeks, for which they've held my money, and the item hasn't ever appeared.
          Mostly with CDs/DVDs. OH buys a lot of rare & special music, and they seem to take orders for stock which they don't actually have, or have any realistic hope of obtaining.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
            .... for which they've held my money, and the item hasn't ever appeared.
            That's odd, they don't take money out of my account until the item is being despatched I'd query that if it were me!

They send me a confirmation of order, telling me estimated despatch date, but no dosh has ever left my account until I get the next email saying 'item has been despatched'
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

On a few occasions in the past I have been very pleased to find on Amazon 'hard to find' titles which I have then ordered only to be dissapointed later when they tell me they can no longer obtain it. Why advertise it as available if they can't obtain copies? I agree Snadger, it can be very annoying.
              It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

There are businesses which sell THROUGH Amazon, and it may well be that these are the ones letting people down.
                When it comes to books I know that many secondhand books are not actually FROM Amazon at all, and I suppose all they can do is refuse to sell goods from unreliable suppliers, which will only happen if customers tell them about it.
                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                  That's odd, they don't take money out of my account until the item is being despatched
                  Oh, maybe they don't then. All I know is I put in my card number, make my order, and nothing comes !
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I buy lots of second hand books from businesses on Amazon and have always had excellent customer service.
                    If it is not Amazon itself you can leave feedback.

Comment

As I mentioned before, I've always had good words for Amazon up until now.
                      I wrote a bit of a snotty email to their customer care department and received a quick reply that goes some way to pacifying me.
                      They have told me that if I sign on for to be emailed if and when this item comes back into stock, I will be able to buy it at the price I originally payed for it.....not brilliant but better than nowt!
                      I've done this but I'm still going to the local Machine Mart sometime this week to buy one off the shelf as well.
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                        I've done this but I'm still going to the local Machine Mart sometime this week to buy one off the shelf as well.
                        You could always ebay the second one Snadge, you may even 'make' on the deal

Comment

I've always found Amazon very efficient and a very good service provider. The prices are usually very good and you almost always get the product in a shorter period of time that stated. Re the orginal post, I don't really understand why you're annoyed, I can see why it's a bit irritating but basically it's bad luck that they don't have any. You've not lost any money and only lost a couple of weeks between order and being told. Basically chill, there's no real problem here.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                            .................... I don't really understand why you're annoyed, I can see why it's a bit irritating............
                            You haven't got a mountain of logs waiting to be chopped!
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

How about hiring until Amazon can get a same-price replacement?
                              aka
                              Suzie

Comment

ALDI have an axe and a maul advertised for the 21st JAN

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X