No announcement yet.

wallpaper help

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, well after reading your comments and goolging troubleshooting guides, I have come to the conclusion that it could be
    -the wall
    -the paper
    -the paste
    -the timing
    -the atmosphere

But it is most likely to be the muppets who hung it!

Comment

Seriously chuck, when we need to do ours you are more than welcome to come up and help - lots of food and wine/beer involved!
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
        Right, well after reading your comments and goolging troubleshooting guides, I have come to the conclusion that it could be
        -the wall
        -the paper
        -the paste
        -the timing
        -the atmosphere

But it is most likely to be the muppets who hung it!
        He he he. As long as we've helped narrow it down for you.
        I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

1) A new wall needs sizing, that is making a thin mix of paste & slap it on the walls, let it dry before hanging paper.
          2) Use a plumb line to mark an accurate vertical line to start from. Hang the 1st length up to the plumb line.
          3) Always hang the vertical edge of the paper first, butt the edges together before smoothing out. Whether the paper is plain or patterned shouldn't make any difference.
          4) Hopefully all of your rolls have the same batch & shade numbers, you will have less waste if you use 2 rolls at the same time espescially with patterned papers.
          Hope this makes sense Janeyo.
          Last edited by Bigmallly; 12-01-2010, 08:20 PM.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Shall I send you my BIL Janeyo? My OH and I have hung paper together before, but by the end of it we finished up nearly hanging each other, so my BIL volunteered to hang the paper and he does it every time now! Hope you get it sorted. Keep Percy with you.
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Spent last two years working for friend doing house renovations, not any more thank goodness. Our decorator said..new plaster, best two thin coats size..size being ordinary wallpaper paste made up at about 1/4 strength. One coat, let it soak in and dry well. Next coat, then paper the following day.
              Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Originally posted by its hilly View Post
                Spent last two years working for friend doing house renovations, not any more thank goodness. Our decorator said..new plaster, best two thin coats size..size being ordinary wallpaper paste made up at about 1/4 strength. One coat, let it soak in and dry well. Next coat, then paper the following day.

That's what I said...........
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X