Originally posted by Rhona View Post
    ...Bad news though... THEY'RE NOW OUT OF STOCK
    Nooooo
    *sulks
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by Wren View Post
      They wont be suiting you men but lots o us ladies will like them . I think i might 'NEEEED' some o these Hunter Original Lace Short Wellington Boot at Women.Fashionbeans.com

Wren
      No, not nice or practical and stupidly priced, so am quite happy that they are out of stock

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Howwwwwwwwwww much? No chance.
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

My best friend got a pair of metallic silver Hunter wellies for her birthday. She wore them for all her horse-stuff.... within 3 weeks the silver had worn off/discoloured and now they are just grey wellies.

When she complained, she was told that as long as the wellies weren't leaking etc, then there wasn't actually a problem with them.....

P.S. I have pink wellies, but not £43 ones!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
            ... not nice or practical and stupidly priced, ...
            I'm sure Snowdrop has that about me at some point
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
              No, not nice or practical and stupidly priced, so am quite happy that they are out of stock
              Hee hee - so is Mr R

(actually he DID think they were nice...but the rest applies )
              I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Got them!!

Got them now!!
                Excellent service from the second company i posted. Hunter Wellies Original Lace Wellington Boots - Black at Uttings Outdoors. Otherhalf ordered them Sunday night and they turned up this afternoon (Tuesday).

I am very pleased with them and in reply to peoples concerns i can assure you that they are sealed completely behind the laces so waterproof in deep puddles, with a very ample tongue flap so the calf width would accommodate an elephant, or laces tighten for a good fit on any size calf. Laces don't come undone i can confirm ( walked dog in the snow today ), and they throw in a free set o laces too so you can pop the other pair in the wash . Another fantastic advantage to them is that the length o the boot means you can squat down comfortably to weed without the top o the boot digging in your upper legs or pinching behind your knee.
                You get the fantastic hunter boot quality, and 12 months grantee plus they look gorgeous and for about the same price as a pair o trainers. They are completely practical Alison, and very nice indeed, more so than my normal wellies, and i can take them off with ease with none of the normal hoping about and tugging .

Here a pic o the sealed tongue behind the laces so you can see how much room the calf will expand too an the laces allow you to adjust the calf to fit as you like them.

Wren *who loves her new boots ) *
                Last edited by Wren; 12-01-2010, 08:22 PM.

Comment

*awed hush*

But they're BEAUTIFUL... and practical...

I've got narrow calves - but it looks like I can tighten them nicely.

Nice boots lady.
                  I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Originally posted by pipscariad View Post
                    Erm.... I hesitate to say this when so many of you are lusting after them or even ordering them as I type - but I don't like them! There, it's out in the open!
                    You're not alone Pips, I think they're revolting too!

Sorry ladies, but you don't got no style!
                    Last edited by Glutton4...; 12-01-2010, 08:20 PM.
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I'm with you pipsacriad,can't see the appeal -sorry. You lot carry on lusting though!
                      Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

I'm glad you love your boots Wren but I'll stick to my 10 quid flowered wellies from New Look!

Comment

Originally posted by pipscariad View Post
                          Erm.... I hesitate to say this when so many of you are lusting after them or even ordering them as I type - but I don't like them! There, it's out in the open!
                          You are not alone Pips. I don't like them either! In fact I wouldn't want them even if they were given to me (sorry all you peeps) - I far prefer something more servicable (and cheaper). And I would far rather spend the £40 to go on a nice weekend away somewhere.

But then I never was a fashion follower, even when I was younger!
                          Last edited by SarzWix; 13-01-2010, 12:53 PM.
                          Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Well I am on my second pair of Hunters in nearly 16 years*, but sorry dont like these, not into lace-ups. 'sa good job we's all different innit!
                            *Cos the first pair lasted me for over 14 worn very regularly due to horses. Soooo comfy. Although they did seep very slightly due to the no of times I'd shoved a fork through Fraid they're just common blue, told MIL I wanted Red but she thought i was joking
                            And yes the tread does dissappear fast, but that just means you learn to skate well.

Happy new wellies Wren, and may they last as well as mine did.
                            Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Originally posted by its hilly View Post
                              And yes the tread does dissappear fast, but that just means you learn to skate well...
                              That's the reason I gave up on Hunters! That and cold feet LOL!
                              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X